4th Spacial

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

4th Spacial

Postby flydiscoguy2 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:56 pm

Hey guys you really seem to know what you are talking about for the 4th spacial demension. I was wondering if someone could kind of give me a mathmatical proof or a crash course on proving it's exsistence. we are doing a mock trial and need to prove someone is not insane for believing there is one. thanks
flydiscoguy2
Nullonian

Postby moonlord » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:39 am

This is a pure hypothesis. We do not know if we live in X or Y dimensions. We just assume we live in 4 and form some conclusions from it.
moonlord
Tetronian

Postby wendy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:52 am

Code: Select all
/* REXX */
thisfile = chalk.3
call stream thisfile, 'c', 'open write replace'
call lineout thisfile, "hello, world"
call stream thisfile, 'close'
dimensions = 38
do forever
  call test_for_orthogonal dimensions
  if answer = true then leave
  end
say "We live in" answer"D space"
say Bye
exit

test_for_orthogonal:
  parse arg chalk
  query 'chalk.'cheese, 'c', 'query exist'
     then answer = false
     else answer = true
   return answer

The dream you dream alone is only a dream
the dream we dream together is reality.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Postby bo198214 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:14 am

I can not avoid the impression that it is not that important for wendy, whether she is understood or not.

Who knows Rexx? Is it bundled with OS/2 or what?
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby wendy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:22 am

I use REXX to do much of the stuff in higher dimensions. You can get it to run under DOS, OS/2, Windows, Linux, Macintosh, etc. Ok. I learnt it under DOS 7. I used REXX ever since 1993 or whatever.

The rexx script really just looks for a file 'chalk.3', and stops there. It works. In essence, it basically counts down from 38 to 3, looking for chalk.38, chalk.37, ... until it finds chalk.3, which it creates in lines 2 to 4.

Object Rexx actually can hook into the WSH, for what that is worth.

In practice, i normally wrangle with 6d, and generally make a whole mob of distinctions that are not required in lower dimensions. Much of this distinction is made because it is relevant in higher dimensions.

For example, the 2d reflexes of the cube and octahedron are the same (ie the square). There are three-dimensional figures (eg rhombic dodecahedron), which give rise to two different 4d polytopes (with 20 cube-like and 24 octahedral faces, respectively).

The point is, that not only is the whole lot largely home-grown, but for some extent is in front of common knowledge. Ok?

It makes me sense.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Postby moonlord » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:06 pm

Nice. Why don't you use another programming language, such as C or Java? Aren't they more useful? I know newer is not necessary better, but still...
moonlord
Tetronian

Postby wendy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:55 am

A multiprecision calculator can be set up with this particular code.

Code: Select all
/* REXX */
numeric digits 1000
parse arg chalk
interpret "cheese=" chalk
say cheese
exit

This makes a 1000 digit command-line calculator, in so few lines. You then can add subroutines and internal variables to said calculator. For example, i save this as test.rex, and ran test 2/3 at the prompt. It gives many rows of '6', followed by a 7.

You can then write your own command line functions, and even invoke external commands. For example, you could set the thing up to evaluate a polynomial, and then pass the result out to ubasic or factor to factorise the number.

REXX is a relatively old proggie, with very good string handling, and bignum calculations. I use it for all sorts of things from configuring the Windows desktop, to installing Windows, to doing calculations, writing web pages (my whole site is maintained by two different REXX scripts).

Well, it's pretty GP proggie, that you can even set up for a filter. One thing i have REXX controlling, is the deletion of duplicate download files. I simply create two directories, eg old and new, and run delsame.rex over the lot. It picks out the ones that have duplicate size and checksum, and you then can do a fc /b to see if they are identical. Actually, you can even coax rexx to do that.

One of the proggies i have on the internet floating around there, is a rexx script that will make bootable floppy disks. Ho hum. I mean, it's not hard. If you want, eg a blank 160k DR-DOS boot disk, it's pretty straight-forward.

Well.

wendy
Pentonian

Return to Where Should I Post This?