Psychadelics, and the 4th dimension

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

Psychadelics, and the 4th dimension

Postby Malaktix » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:48 pm

A while back, after taking an incredibly large dosage of hallucinagenic mushrooms, I experienced something that can only be explained as a glimpse of the 4th dimension.

I just remember closing my eyes, and being overwhelmed with the experience.

It's frustrating, but what I experienced is entirely beyond words, completely impossible to express..

Do you think it's possible, for humans to experience a dimension they are not physically aware of?

With our limited knowledge of the human mind, how are we to know?
Do you think it's even possible to have interactions with higher dimensions?

I find it hard to believe that it was just an illusion that my brain created. I know what I experienced, but now it exists just as an inexplainable memory.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had similar experiences?

And, well I'd be interested in anyones views regarding the subject of interaction with higher dimensions. It's a fascinating subject.
Malaktix
Mononian

Postby Malaktix » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:09 pm

Sorry for the rambling, just thought I'd post some more thoughts.
(Please excuse my ignorance towards the subject, I'm only 15)

We can say that thoughts have 1-dimensional origins, from the electrical messages in our brains.

But what about the whole illusion of consciousness, we are aware of our thoughts, but do the thoughts that WE are aware of actually exist in a dimension?

If these thoughts that originate from dimensions we are aware of, appear to have no physical properties when we experience them, does this mean they could actually exist in another dimension?

Like when you have a thought. Can you actually say where in terms of the third dimension you are experiencing that thought?

Because we know that thoughts are processed within the brain, we automatically think of thoughts as just being in the brain.

But really, I feel I cant put an actual location to my thoughts, they just are there.
Malaktix
Mononian

Postby RQ » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:16 am

In scientific terms thought is the electrical impulses that cross the synapses of the neurons. Whether there is a thinker behind the thought is up to what you believe. Any experience that you "feel" or believe you have could be tricking you into thinking it's something else.
RQ
Tetronian

Return to Where Should I Post This?