4D technology can produce infinity resouce for every human

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

4D technology can produce infinity resouce for every human

Postby arsenic » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:35 pm

I think If we can access to 4d technology we will get unlimited resources such as gold, food, oil, and silver

think about people in flatland they will use flat gold

but in 3d we use gold cube
and cube is infinity of square
so our gold cube is infinity gold for flatland people

If we can find a small tesseract of gold, oil, and silver
we will find infinity of gold, oil, and silver
because one tesseract of gold means infinity of gold cubes

We can also have unlimited place to build houses
and we can use 4d place to store unlimited garbage
because 3d object is so small when compare to 4d object
arsenic
Dionian

Postby Aale de Winkel » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:50 pm

I doubt that we could do anything with that tetronian gold, and
in any case, once we have found an "infinity of gold" gold would
become just as worthless as it really is (hi hi).

don't make Tetronia our garbage dump, for they might get angry
and send the grim ripper upon us, to be slain like the litterbugs
we are!
Aale de Winkel
Trionian

Postby arsenic » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:06 pm

useing 4d as a place to store garbage will not make 4d people angry
because 3d object has zero trengh so even you store 10000000000000 tons of garbage in 4d
It still cannot even make a small tesseract of garbage
arsenic
Dionian

Postby arsenic » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:12 pm

plenty resouce is good
for 4d people a small tesseract of resouce is worthless
but for 3d people it means infinity resouce

if we can access to 4d even a small tesseract of bread can feed
1000 peoples easily
arsenic
Dionian

Postby alkaline » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:18 pm

the problem is that we don't even know if their matter would be compatible with ours. Their atoms might function completely differently, and thus we may not even be able to use the gold, bread, or other things we might get from them.
alkaline
Founder

Postby Keiji » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:35 pm

i agree with both of you.

it would be great for storage but we most likely would not find stuff that we could use.
Keiji
Administrator

Postby RQ » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:57 pm

If we could get tetronian gold, we would become tetronians ourselves, since we have to go in the 4th dimension to get 4th dimensional materials. If it passed however, through our dimension, it would be as big just for a matter of time.
RQ
Tetronian

Postby Geosphere » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:09 pm

RQ wrote:as big just for a matter of time.

Or as microscopic. Entire 4d galaxies might fit in a 3d molecule. Scale is unusable.
Geosphere
Trionian

Postby sup2069 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:17 pm

Arsenic, check out my thread on higher dimensional eating

http://tetraspace.alkaline.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51
sup2069
Dionian

Postby sup2069 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:21 pm

RQ wrote:If we could get tetronian gold, we would become tetronians ourselves, since we have to go in the 4th dimension to get 4th dimensional materials. If it passed however, through our dimension, it would be as big just for a matter of time.

If a 4d gold passed into our realm, it would appear to be a cube. Of course if we tried to take it it wouldnt move. But if we took a chainsaw to all sides of the cube, we could free it and that peace would be ours. To the tetrabeing we would have cut the 4d gold in half.
sup2069
Dionian

Postby RQ » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:55 am

First we have to assume as Aale mentioned somewhere that lower and higher dimensions can indeed interact. Then, maybe we can achieve what arsenic is proposing.
RQ
Tetronian

Postby 4dlayman » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:21 am

If a 4d gold passed into our realm, it would appear to be a cube. Of course if we tried to take it it wouldnt move. But if we took a chainsaw to all sides of the cube, we could free it and that peace would be ours. To the tetrabeing we would have cut the 4d gold in half.

Sorry I don't understand....I can't comprehand the 4D cube but if I look at me putting a 3D gold cube on Fred's world (2D), Fred might be able to move it a bit (I am assuming Fred has mass !) but he would not be able to chip off any of the gold because he doesn't have the 3rd dimension. Won't the same logic applies to a 4D cube in my world ?
Show me more.....
4dlayman
Mononian

Postby RQ » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:56 am

I think 4D is right on this one, there is no way that we can separate the gold, unless the tetronian somehow did that, which he couldn't cut zero tetraspace, as much as we can cut 0 space, or if the 4th dimension were unstable, or that is it falls apart, which could be a solution, if the forces of nature were much stronger.
RQ
Tetronian

Postby 4dlayman » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:58 pm

Quote:

Sorry I don't understand....I can't comprehand the 4D cube but if I look at me putting a 3D gold cube on Fred's world (2D), Fred might be able to move it a bit (I am assuming Fred has mass !) but he would not be able to chip off any of the gold because he doesn't have the 3rd dimension. Won't the same logic applies to a 4D cube in my world ?

Actually now I understand. If I put a cube thru Fred's world (not just sit the cube on Fred's plane, but say suspended midway thru Fred's plane the cube would appear to Fred as a line in front of him. If he keeps chipping at it until he's thru then he would have cut the cube in half. Fred has no idea what he did, to him he just went thru an obstacle in front of him.

The same applies between us & 4D ? So maybe we CAN chainsaw a chunk of a hypercube and cut it in half; not sure if we get to keep any parts of it though.
Show me more.....
4dlayman
Mononian

Postby RQ » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:43 am

I thought you meant in the post above mine, that Fred wouldn't be able to chip it off because his hand would have to go in the 3rd dimension both ways (as if it werent hard enough) and chip it off, so then it would be suspended for him in his dimension. I suppose we would have to do the same, but there is a fundamental flaw. If Fred's arm swung in the 3rd D, he would have the same problem cutting 0 space as we do, so I don't think any of us will be getting rich this way.
RQ
Tetronian

Postby arsenic » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:05 am

if there is tesseract of liquid such as oil can we use them?
arsenic
Dionian

Postby RQ » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:04 pm

If indeed the different dimensions can interact, then a 2d mass would push out a 3D objects infinite plane and maybe that does happen, but it wouldn't do anything for either planes, as if inaffected. In fact maybe it just affects the 2D people, but not the 3D object. But, that is the incorporated part of 3D. Otherwise just plain 2D would be as if it didn't exist. I'll provide further info later.
RQ
Tetronian

Postby alkaline » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:53 pm

"tesseract of liquid" is kind of a silly idea, because liquid takes the shape of the container it is within. Generally you wouldn't refer to the shape of a liquid because it always changes; about the only consistent shapes liquid takes are n-spheres and the water droplet shape.
alkaline
Founder

Postby Aale de Winkel » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:30 pm

alkaline wrote:"tesseract of liquid" is kind of a silly idea, because liquid takes the shape of the container it is within. Generally you wouldn't refer to the shape of a liquid because it always changes; about the only consistent shapes liquid takes are n-spheres and the water droplet shape.

Next time I'll empty my Klein's Flask in my tesseract shaped glass, i'lll drink that beverage :lol: :lol:
Oops is a Kleins Flask now always full or always empty :lol:
Probably some tetra-SI-unit syatem would define the tatra-liter based on say the volume of a tesseracts with sides of 1 meter :wink:
so to me a tesseract of water seems quite natural, though I don't think we trionians can't do anything with tetra-matter.
Aale de Winkel
Trionian

Postby whiteonriceboy » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:02 pm

i would say that a 2D guy would have to comepleteely obliterate the section of the cube in his plane for it to be cut in half, so wouldn't we have to annihilate the part of hypercube in our dimension to cut it in half too?
whiteonriceboy
Dionian

Postby RQ » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:44 am

That still wouldn't do anything. It is an infinitesimal extraction which equals to 0. Besides I think he was asking whether we can extract the cube of gold so that when the gold hypercube passes through our dimension we can have as much gold as we want. In fact, as Aale stated, this would only depreciate the value of gold as indeed the worthless metal it is. True it does not oxidise with air and water, but we don't build our houses, or rockets or whatever with it. It's just rare.
RQ
Tetronian

Postby Keiji » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:31 pm

To clear everybody's confusion:

1. If you stuck a cube through Fred's world and he cut it, all that would happen is there would be a infinately small hole in the middle of your cube when you took it out again.

2. If Fred obliterated the square that appeared (eg, melting it), the cube would be cut into two polyhedra (not necasserily cuboids since the cube could have been rotated).

So if a tetronian put a tesseract of gold (for instance) through our world, we would have to melt it to completely separate it from the 4th dimension, after which:

a) we would have the whole cube that we melted at our disposal
and
b) the tesseract would be cut in half.
Keiji
Administrator

Postby elpenmaster » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:42 am

i dont think that the tesseract would be cut in half because we would cut out an infinitly small part. since the part is infinitely small, there would be no space between the parts of the tesseract on either side of it, so they couldnt be cut in half.
what would happen if you glued your hand to the tetragold when the tetragold was removed from our dimension? maybe it would be like your hand being sucked into a black hole
8)
elpenmaster
Trionian

Postby RQ » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:49 pm

I agree, it wouldn't cut it in half.
Interesting question. But friction wouldn't be able to bend you in to the next dimension in my opinion.
RQ
Tetronian

Postby elpenmaster » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:40 am

would tetragold really be convertable to 3-d gold? you must remember that when we melt the part of the gold that is in our realm, we would not be melting an entire 4-d atom away. could we even melt it away? even if we could, i do not think that we would get any gold. to be gold, an atom has to have a certain number of protons, etc. but all of the protons would not be in our realm at one time. so if we melted part away, we couldnt get matter with the same number of protons as gold. could we melt the gold? we would have to be breaking apart the 4-d atom
:?
elpenmaster
Trionian

Postby mjjirachi » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:16 am

what would happen if you poured a liquid through a dimension (presuming that it is possible to interact)
:shock:
mj
mjjirachi
Mononian

Postby Nick » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:18 am

mjjirachi wrote:what would happen if you poured a liquid through a dimension (presuming that it is possible to interact)
:shock:

That's... eery. You would see a random spheres of water appear in front of you. If you walk into it, it will pour into your insides.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby PWrong » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:23 am

Good question, but why did you have to revive a 2 year old post?
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby Universally_thinking » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:31 pm

has anyone played super smash bros melee?
game and watch is 2d and the characters are 3d and it is weird seeing the two world clash, in reality if you go 90° the 2d character cant see you heres why.
Universally_thinking
Dionian

Postby papernuke » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:41 pm

i think, someone's like...posted this before.
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian

Next

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions