zeroth dimensional big bang

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

zeroth dimensional big bang

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:26 am

sorry for all these questions im asking, but do u think that maybe the big bang was in the zeroth dimension, and that with so much mass it just exploded.

i read somewhere in a space book that the big bang was infinitly small.

And do u think that in the future, if the universe collapse's again in to another bigbang thing, do u think that the universe would be in another zeroth dimension thing?
Yoshi
Dionian

Postby Geosphere » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:40 pm

It is a considered possibility.

The reverse process is referred to as The Big Crush.
Geosphere
Trionian

Postby Yoshi » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:25 am

The reverse process is referred to as The Big Crush.

oh yah, i forgot.
Yoshi
Dionian

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:59 am

That's interesting, but if it was true, then why would go just go from 0d to 3d? Maybe it really expanded an infinite number of spatial directions... :shock:
Jay
Trionian

Postby RQ » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:59 pm

I thought it was called the Big Crunch
RQ
Tetronian

Postby Geosphere » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:39 pm

I think thats a candy bar.
Geosphere
Trionian

Postby Yoshi » Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:01 am

or are u talking about mr. big
Yoshi
Dionian

Postby alkaline » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:13 pm

can we keep this on topic please? And maybe post messages that are more than ten words long? This isn't a chat room, it's a forum. Thanks!

Anyway, on a search in google it seems that Big Crunch is the term that scientists use.
alkaline
Founder

Postby Geosphere » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:48 pm

Sorry, boss, just havin fun.

Could be crunch, I apologize if I gave misinformation.
Geosphere
Trionian

Postby alkaline » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:22 pm

having fun is good. Maybe i'm just strange, but the topic of the fourth dimension itself is really fun :-) It's okay to joke around, I guess I'd just like some more substance, so maybe include some more discussion of the relevant topic with whatever other comments that you have. It almost seems like you guys aren't really talking about anything at all. I don't mean to pick on anyone in particular. I'm quite happy to have people coming to my forum and posting messages, so keep doing that!
alkaline
Founder

Big Bang!

Postby BClaw » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:02 am

It seems to me that I remember reading a theory about the Big Bang that indicated that the universe started from a 0-dimensional beginning, then ballooned to 9 or 10 spacial dimensions when it 'banged'. Then, as the universe expanded and cooled, there wasn't enough 'pressure' (or something?) to maintain it, so all but the three dimensions we perceive shrank into these teeny coiled up loops. Imagine an infinitely long tube: Around the circumference is a closed loop, a coiled up dimension. If the coiled dimension is very small, it would not be perceived, and perhaps the 1-dimensional creatures who inhabit that tube-universe never realize that they are actually two-dimensional through this tiny closed loop. If it were true, we might be living in a nine or ten-dimensional universe, but able to only perceive three of the dimensions.
BClaw
Dionian

Postby cedrec » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:57 am

That's pretty confusing, but interesting at the same time. I put up a post a while ago about the physical body limiting us to the 3D visuals, sounds etc. What you're saying here kind of fits with what I was saying so maybe we're onto something!!! :D or we could be totally off, who knows :P I love it when things make sence, but that's when you usually find a new set of information that says your wrong, :? o well, it's still fun stuff
cedrec
Mononian

Postby whiteonriceboy » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:10 pm

cedric said "the physical body"
does that apply to the soul?
whiteonriceboy
Dionian

Postby cedrec » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:00 am

no, the soul, if you believe in such things, would not be part of the physical body. The sould would be that energy i was talking about in my post that is left over after one's death that may be able to move onto the next, 4th, dimension.
cedrec
Mononian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions