how easy it would be to kill someone in the second dimension

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

how easy it would be to kill someone in the second dimension

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:13 am

for example, imagine fred, standing with all his friends in a bar.

we could just take his brain or heart out, put it on the ground, and thats it, byebye, freds dead.

of course we couldn't do that because we have no connection with any other dimension, but say the fourth dimension was alot smarter, and they connected with our world. They could kill us whenever they wanted.

its a scary thought but of course, its still just a thought.
Yoshi
Dionian

Postby Geosphere » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:39 pm

And what makes you think they don't do this to us?
Geosphere
Trionian

Postby alkaline » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:59 pm

The paranormal side to the fourth dimension... alien experimentation... *shudders*
alkaline
Founder

Postby Yoshi » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:20 am

And what makes you think they don't do this to us?

well, they might, but not that many people die of mysterious resons, right?

and maybe they make it illegal or something in the fourth dimension
Yoshi
Dionian

Postby Geosphere » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:50 pm

Not many people die of mysterious reasons?

What if the reason isn't mysterious? What if we call if cardiac arrest because thats what appears to happen when a tetronian pokes its finger into your heart?

And what if missing people are simply yanked a direction we cannot go?

Some things are simply unexplainable. Since there is little evidence to say it is or is not 4th dimensioners messing with us, we may be just as right saying it is as we are in saying it isnt.
Geosphere
Trionian

Postby Yoshi » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:37 pm

like sars
Yoshi
Dionian

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:13 am

Also, it would be easier to kill each other in a lower dimension. Say Fred takes a 2d knife or sword, that's basically a needle-like object to us. If he stabbed on of his friend's with it, their blood would come gushing out. If it's long enough, it can cut them in two.

But stab Bob the same needle thing? Sure he bleeds, but depending on where you stab, it may not be life threatening. And there's no way you can cut him in half with one jab. You would a sheet to do that.

Now for Emily. Stab her with it, and it barely has any effect. You need a realmic shaped object to cut her in half.

Wow, this post sounds really gruesome. :twisted:
Jay
Trionian

Postby Yoshi » Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:05 am

i thought we we're tallking about killing someone in ANOTHER dimension.

but of course you're right.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Yoshi
Dionian

Postby Keiji » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:40 pm

What if we call if cardiac arrest because thats what appears to happen when a tetronian pokes its finger into your heart?

that could explain heart attacks :lol:
Keiji
Administrator

Postby sup2069 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:29 pm

bobxp wrote:
What if we call if cardiac arrest because thats what appears to happen when a tetronian pokes its finger into your heart?

that could explain heart attacks :lol:

Yay bob is back, lol
sup2069
Dionian

Postby Keiji » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:27 pm

Keiji
Administrator

Postby Yoshi » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:06 am

Quote:

that could explain heart attacks

I thought doctors already knew the reason for heart attacks.
Yoshi
Dionian

Postby PWrong » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:54 am

Yoshi wrote: I thought doctors already knew the reason for heart attacks.

You're right. Unless Tetronians don't like smokers and people who don't eat well and exercise, it's a bit far fetched to say that they're constantly trying to kill us, but we've never noticed it. Unless they're not interested in torturing lower dimensional beings.

Think about it. If there was a real planar universe right in front of you, and you met Fred, a moving, talking, intelligent being, would you immediately take out his brain or poke a hole in his heart just because he doesn't have any depth?
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby Yoshi » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:39 pm

Think about it. If there was a real planar universe right in front of you, and you met Fred, a moving, talking, intelligent being, would you immediately take out his brain or poke a hole in his heart just because he doesn't have any depth?

No i would not . . .
I would call the police.
Yoshi
Dionian

Postby PWrong » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:28 am

Exactly. If Tetronians could interact with us, they would probably study us for a bit and then try to make contact. But I think we would have noticed something going on by now, even if they weren't slaughtering us. They would need some new technology to connect their universe to ours anyway.
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby RQ » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:07 am

Basically heart attacks occur when you have a high LDL (Low Density Lipoproteins aka "bad" cholesterol) to HDL (High Density Lipoproteins aka good cholesterol which takes the cholesterol away from the artery walls to which they stick) and if you have a ratio that is high enough the cholesterol will gradually build up until the artery wall blocks the entire blood flow of the blood to the heart which will make cardiac arrest, which is even worse if the artery goes to the brain, because you will have a stroke. Also trygliceride (fat also known as plaque) builds up usually on your coronary arteries and just like cholesterol narrows the passage ways of blood to the heart, which will make it either to start pulsing really fast for a short while and have a heart attack, or just slow down and suddenly boom. Heart attacks are also genetical, although it is a very low risk you will have one, but the nerves on your heart that transmit the electrical signals for your heart to beat every second or so, sometimes are disrupted, and that's what pacemakers are for. If the heart starts beating too slow or fast the pace maker beats for it until it is stable again. Heart attacks are considered to be a threat only at night, and if you have one and survive until about 9 o'clock in the morning, then you're good for the day :lol:
RQ
Tetronian

Postby Geosphere » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:22 pm

I've had 2 family die from heart attacks that had none of those requirements. That is merely the most common cause, far from the only cause.

And as general information TRIGLYCERIDE IS NOT ALSO KNOWN AS PLAQUE.

Plaque is a tissue buildup of various fats and scarring. Its like saying Goodyear builds cars or that bread is also known as eggs because its an ingredient.

Misinformation like posted in your post is dangerous. The genetic ("Genetical?") concept is also probably false, but your sentences are so poorly constructed, I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to say.

http://www.meridianmagazine.com/healthyoutlook/030723.html[/url]
Geosphere
Trionian

Postby RQ » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:00 pm

Ok, no need to get excited. Trygliceride is the medical term for fat. Genetical, genetic ok whatever big deal, and heart arrest was the genetic one with irregular beatings.
RQ
Tetronian

Postby PWrong » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:07 am

RQ, it's nothing to do with the 4th dimension anyway. We don't all need to know about what you think causes heart attacks, as long as we understand that there's no big mystery involved.
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby Keiji » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:43 pm

I've split out the stuff about arm-wrestling in 2D to another topic.
Keiji
Administrator

Postby trill » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:38 pm

I don't think it would necessarily be easy to kill a two-dimensional being. Okay, so say we are three-dimensional beings looking down at a plane where 2-dimensional beings exist. We can see their internal organs--so say we want to remove someone's brain or heart like you said. Given that the brain and the heart would be connected to other tissues in the body--tough connective tissues and tendons--we would probably have to go in with a sharp knife and disconnect the organs from the connective tissue.

Say there was nobody around us in three-dimensional space that could see us doing this--then we could probably go ahead and make the cut--this is similar to us killing a three-dimensional person if that person was sleeping and nobody was around. What's stopping us from doing that? Same thing that would stop us from killing a two-dimensional being if no other three-dimensional beings were around.

But okay, regardless I don't think things would be quite so easy. If we were to try to intersect the two-dimensional world, I don't think we could actually take anything out of it (such as the way that A-cube removed A-square from flatland--I don't know if that would even be possible). How would we even grab the brain or heart out of the two-dimensional world, considering the two-dimensional organs have no thickness for us to grab?

Technically, we could go through the 2-dimensional person's skull with a hand or a finger--the consequence would be for the 2-dimensional organ to be pushed aside and squished. I guess someone could be killed that way. But once again, I think the same thing prevents us from doing this as what prevents us from approaching another 3-dimensional person and slitting their throat while they sleep.
trill
Mononian

Postby RQ » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:14 am

trill wrote:Say there was nobody around us in three-dimensional space that could see us doing this--then we could probably go ahead and make the cut--this is similar to us killing a three-dimensional person if that person was sleeping and nobody was around. What's stopping us from doing that? Same thing that would stop us from killing a two-dimensional being if no other three-dimensional beings were around.

Good, so why don't you do that? Then you can share with all of us.

trill wrote:Technically, we could go through the 2-dimensional person's skull with a hand or a finger--the consequence would be for the 2-dimensional organ to be pushed aside and squished. I guess someone could be killed that way. But once again, I think the same thing prevents us from doing this as what prevents us from approaching another 3-dimensional person and slitting their throat while they sleep.

I think a lot of slitting of throats have occurred, most of them in other people's slits, and I don't see the analogy if there is one.
Last edited by RQ on Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
RQ
Tetronian

Postby jinydu » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:42 am

Well, there is another important difference between killing someone in 2D and killing someone in 3D. The 2D person couldnt' see out of his plane. Therefore, he would have no warning that his organs were about to be slit open. Furthermore, he would have no way to protect himself from a 3D person's attack, since a 3D person could enter a 2D room without touching any of the walls.
jinydu
Tetronian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions