is Water 4D?

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

is Water 4D?

Postby Universally_thinking » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:30 pm

i don`t know much about the fourth dimension, but all i know is when you see 4d you can see every angle of it and even inside without moving.

so you can see every angle of water and inside without moving, is it 4d? i came up with it while i was drinking water and i stared at my water for 10 seconds.
Universally_thinking
Dionian

Postby Nick » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:51 pm

You can't see every point of the water... I discussed this before, with glass instead of water. You can see through it, so that means you can see what's behind it, but you are unable to focus on the water itself.

Also, you are not seeing every angle of water either; just one angle.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby batmanmg » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:57 pm

in short irockyou is saying no. very true.

but all i know is when you see 4d you can see every angle of it and even inside without moving

thats only if you have 3d vision. humans only have 2d vision. even if an object was 4d you'd never be able to see it like that. you'd just see a 3d slice of it with your 2d vision.

i think that someone needs to redefine 3d vision. becuase to say that its like seeing every angle is improper. 3d vision sees an entire 3d chunck. probably spherical, of many 3d spaces. no angles are involed.

but this is a topic for another thread.
batmanmg
Trionian

Re: is Water 4D?

Postby Rkyeun » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:41 pm

You only see the front of the water.
Water's very clear though, so you see less of it.
Rkyeun
Dionian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions