paralel 3d space displacement...

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

1) did you actualy read the whole thing? 2) by the end did you wish you hadn't?

1) yes 2) yes
25%
1) yes 2) no
75%
1) no 2) yes
No votes
1) no 2) no
No votes

Total votes : 4

paralel 3d space displacement...

Postby batmanmg » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:57 pm

ok so my first two questions where rather trivial... and dull... but this one is bizzare and im not sure if it goes in the questions forum or the theories one.

if no object can travel at or faster than the speed of light, then we come to a bizare occurence do to the forced displacement when a higher dimension object travels into a lower dimensions realm.

if a cube travles into a 2d plain face first... the displacement of anything there cannot remain in the 2d plain... this is becuase the face dose not gradualy grow into a square over time... it displaces an entire square of flat space instantaniously... if whatever is displaced remains in the 2d plain then it would have to move (lets say it this displaced space is in the center of the square) across half the length of the square over 0 time. that means its movement was infinently fast. (correct that if im wrong but since 2 things can't occupy the same space it has to go somewhere and it doesn't have any time to get there)

This was a conviluded way to justify the fact that the displaced square of 2d space would have to travle at least to its parralel 2d plain. in other words the displacement is in the 3rd dimension.

if the same holds true for 4d obects entering 3d space then that means that the space now occupied by the intruding 4d object would have to be displaced into a paralel 3d plain of existance.

this is cuase for a bizare occurence...

i don't know how to discribe what would have come after so i'll have to use a 2d to 3d : 3d to 4d analogy...

if you cute a deck of cards into identical 2d bodies... stick figures if you'd like... and then stacked them on top of eachother you'd have a 2d surface streched into the 3rd dimention much the same way a square streches into a 3d cube or rectangular prism...

well lets say that our bodies are much the same way... but i'll go a step further and say that our entire universe is like that... yes yes this runs the line of theorising that there are indeed paralel universes... i'll explain why it makes sense that this is the way things could be later if you want... there can be variation from one 3d verse to the next but since they are infinently close adjacent paralel universes and i want this deck of cards to have a smooth surface we'll say that the amount of variance is as infinently small as the 3d realms of existance are apart.... meaning that if you looked at me and you looked at an adjascent me you wouldn't be able to tell the difference,, but if you looked at a me that was say 4 inches in trength away from me that i might look larger/ smaller/ thinner or whatever else the deviant flow holds...

are you following me? nod your head for YES and shake it for
NO
now if a 4d being were to push one of our paralel breathren into the space that we ocupy,,, it would simply replace us in our realm with a paralel us... we would be a different person in a different universe,,, but the change would be soo subtle that the universe could go on existing without any of its rules being broken....

is this bizarre or a simple minded view of how 4d space is occupied.

oh yeah... i didn't really say anything about what happens to us when we get pushed out of our 3d universe and are replaced. well... whatever direction the replacement us came in , we travel in the opposite direction... in turn we would be pushed into a paralel univers and replace the paralel you that resided there,,, they would do the same to the next one and so on... this chain of space replacement would work like a compression wave... our bodies would be 4 dimensionaly compressed first and pushed along to the next universe...

now in the begining i talked about a stickfigure cut out of a deck of cards. i left out the variance from one figure to the next becuase i was just using it to lead into what it would be like for the 3d body... if there were to be a variances then the deck of cards would have a much more illaborate shape too illaborate for me to discribe... so instead of a stick figure we'll use a traingle... if each adjacent sliced out traingle is smaller than the last (starting from the bottom of course) then the end shape would be a pyramid... well if we consider the stack of our 3d bodies the same way... our varainces could creat any number of 4d shapes.... but the important idea is that our multiple paralele 3d bodies creats a defined 4d shape... and that it doesn't nececarily strech on for infinity... in fact its completely irrational to think that it would.

oh yeah i know that the entire circumstance is a bit undone if instead of moving into another dimension. the 3d space is simply warped to alow for the displacement to occure over time. but thats over my head for now... so im going to assume that space, for the circumstances above, remains rigid.
batmanmg
Trionian

Postby batmanmg » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:00 pm

OH NOOOOOOO i meant to put this into the theories forum... AGGGGGGGGG...
batmanmg
Trionian

Postby Nick » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:03 pm

Have no fear! Rock is here! :D
Moved.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby moonlord » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:28 pm

I don't think I understood you completely, but, mainly, you wonder what happens to the non-vacuum that filled the place where something was inserted.

Theory number 1: As you can't have two atoms/whatever at exactly the same place and with exactly the same speed vector, the atoms/whatever of the two entities (the one being pushed in and the one that existed there a priori) will interpolate. That is, blend in some way.

Theory number 2: A universe cannot exist ("be embedded") in a higher dimensional universe, because the rules will break at the limits. Therefore a higher dimensional entity cannot interact with a lower dimensional one. An example: consider a 2D massive particle in a 2D universe embedded in a 3D universe like our own (consider the newtonian, static universe). The volume of such a 2D particle would be zero, therefore mass zero. You can say that the particle would suffer from 2D density, that is mass/area, but you will encounter a problem: why do the rules in the 3D universe do not apply to the 2D universe that is embedded in ("part of") it. So the rules would "generally" work, but not in situations. I believe they cannot be called "rules" if they're not always valable. Te reason I don't support this theory to the death is because I don't know what would happen to electromagnetic waves.

Now, the first theory is also flawed, because the higher-D particles don't fit in the lower-D space, so another question arises, as to what happens to them? If they pass through and don't interact, them it's essentially the second theory...
"God does not play dice." -- Albert Einstein, early 1900's.
"Not only does God play dice, but... he sometimes throws them where we cannot see them." -- Stephen Hawking, late 1900's.
moonlord
Tetronian

Postby batmanmg » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:15 am

theory 1... an interesting idea... but its an idea on its own... i don't see any reasoning to support why this would be true.... but it does sound very plausable...

theory 2...
A universe cannot exist ("be embedded") in a higher dimensional universe, because the rules will break at the limits.

what do you mean by break at the limits?

either way... what you say i can't dissagree with... the probleme is that im not saying that we are living in a 3d universe immersed in a 4d existance..

im saying that we are livin in a 4d universe... every building block particle actualy exists in the 4th dimension... we are but a 3d slice of our collective 4d selves...
batmanmg
Trionian

Postby PWrong » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:59 am

Your poll seems to imply that you're worried that people might not understand your post. That's understandable, but rather than making fun of yourself like that, why not try to make it easier to understand? If you're not sure about your spelling, just copy it into Word and run the spellcheck. Doing that also gives you an idea of how long your post is, and whether people are likely to read the whole thing (your post is over 2 pages). Also, try reading over your post a few times to make sure it makes sense to yourself.

if you cute a deck of cards into identical 2d bodies... stick figures if you'd like... and then stacked them on top of eachother you'd have a 2d surface streched into the 3rd dimention much the same way a square streches into a 3d cube or rectangular prism...

That's true, but you can only take the analogy so far. Some slices of a 3D person may look like a 2D person, but other slices will just look like hunks of 2D meat. So it's unlikely that any slice of a 3D universe will be an independent 2D universe. The same goes for 4D.
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby batmanmg » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:27 pm

well seeing as i write all this to pass the time during my periods of insomnia, and i don't have word... i'll let it slide that it doesn't completely make sense and isn't spelled checked... when i have an idea one night, my mind self defeatingly finds a way to make it stop making sense the next...

well firstly i used the stacked cards as an illistration to familarize the reader with my idea... and secondly....

So it's unlikely that any slice of a 3D universe will be an independent 2D universe. The same goes for 4D.

thats the whole point... that our existance is far from independant... like say for instance you put your hand infront of your face... at the same time the adjacent parallel you's are doing to same... only slightly more to the left in one direction.. and your hand is slightly greener in the other direction... at a certain distance in 4d space away however your not lifting your hand at all... your on a plain traveling to tailand for a foreind exchange program, and in the opposite direction your attached to a siamese twin at your elbow. if you travel beyond your extremities you likely were never born in that world... at your extremities you might have just been conceived... or your bodies molecuels have boidegraded and are now either destroyed and reasembles into diferent molecuals or they are simply sitting in topsoil...

now this is just the change over 4d space from 3d world to the next... it also shows the seemingly elastic bond between universes.... what makes them dependent on eachother, or not independent from eachother... is the constant fluxuation of very small particles... while the properties of the particle might differ slightly as their 4d selves move through our infinently stacked universes. the effect they have is immesurable becuase their difference is infinently small... the factor of them being immesurable maintains their quantum properties.

moonlord: You posted the same message twice. Fixed it.
batmanmg
Trionian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions