War on the fourth dimension.

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

War on the fourth dimension.

Postby Nick » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:35 pm

Though it is true that war in the second dimension is mainly waged at a one dimensional point, imagine if there just happened to be a bridge above the battle, with another battle being waged there. Wouldn't that mean war is waged at a two dimensional line?

SOLDIERS: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |. .| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
BRIDGE: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOLDIERS: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |. .| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
GROUND:----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And though war is waged two-dimensionally here in realmspace, what if there was a bridge above a three dimensional war? Then war would be waged on a two dimensional plane.

Following this pattern, we can infer that if there was a bridge in a four-dimensional world, then war would be fought in a three dimensional cube.

Does that make sense to anyone else? Am I right, or is my logic flawed?
Nick
Tetronian

Postby moonlord » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:31 pm

I don't think I understood you completely. In a nD world, wars can be fought on a (n-1)D surface, or 'in the cosmos', in nD.
moonlord
Tetronian

Postby pat » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:53 pm

Yes, the point was that we can build multiple decks of (n-1)D surfaces. We could, for example, wage a (small) war in a parking garage.

Also, it's worth noting that we often fight underwater or in the air. Both of those free us from an (n-1)D surface.
pat
Tetronian

Postby 4D guy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:44 pm

You can't walk under a 2D bidge. there must be something to hold the bridge up:

SOLDIERS: llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
BRIDGE:--------------------------------------------------------.-'
PILLS + GROUND:ll.......ll.......ll.......ll......ll......ll........ll.-'

But your other theories are good enough.
4D guy
Mononian

Postby pat » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:58 pm

No, you can't walk under a 2D bridge if it's got pilings under it. But, you can walk under a 2D overhang.

pat
Tetronian

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:09 pm

moonlord wrote:I don't think I understood you completely. In a nD world, wars can be fought on a (n-1)D surface, or 'in the cosmos', in nD.

That's actually the point that I'm trying to prove. In a 2d world, war can be fought on a 1d (line) "surface". I think what you meant to say was (n-2)D surface, since that was what I was trying to disprove.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions