idea to indirectly view a 4D pyramid

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

idea to indirectly view a 4D pyramid

Postby poisonnullbyte » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:17 pm

I'm new to the forums here and i'm a Junior in high school... but I have a lot of interest in worm holes, black holes, extra spatial dimensions, and the like.

If you have a square with the diagonals drawn in, and you look at it for a while, you might agree with me that it looks like a pyramid from a birds eye view. So, if you have a cube and draw the diagonals from the four points in one plane to the opposite points of the parrallel plane, the diagonals should intersect at one point in the center of the cube. Now when observing this figure, it should appear as a 4D pyramid, but at a birds eye perspective.

The 4D bird can see more, at once then our 3D brains can handle. So, when trying to view this 4D birds perspective of a pyramid, you must view every angle in order to see what the 4D bird can see just by glancing at it.

Some interesting similarities I have found between the 3D and 4D perspectives; when looking at the square with the diagonals, there is a triangle casted in four directions; and when viewing the cube with the diagonals, there is a pyramid casted in 6 directions. When we look at the square we can see all four triangles created by the diagonals however, the cube with the diagonals- we have to twist and turn to see all 6 of the pyramids. The 4D bird should be able to see the six pyramids just by glancing at it just like we can look at the square and see the 4 triangles just by glancing at it.

Also rember once you can understand being able to see the six pyramids at once it's only a birds eye view of the 4D pyramid but you can now can figure out and imagine what it would look like as a whole it's just a matter of time.

I'm suspecting that there are 2 directions we can't see upsilon up, delta down like in the examples with Fred, Emily, and Bob.

We can only imagine...
poisonnullbyte
Nullonian

Re: idea to indirectly view a 4D pyramid

Postby quickfur » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:51 pm

poisonnullbyte wrote:[...]
If you have a square with the diagonals drawn in, and you look at it for a while, you might agree with me that it looks like a pyramid from a birds eye view. So, if you have a cube and draw the diagonals from the four points in one plane to the opposite points of the parrallel plane, the diagonals should intersect at one point in the center of the cube. Now when observing this figure, it should appear as a 4D pyramid, but at a birds eye perspective.

Exactly, as you can see on this page about the cubical pyramid.

[...]
Some interesting similarities I have found between the 3D and 4D perspectives; when looking at the square with the diagonals, there is a triangle casted in four directions; and when viewing the cube with the diagonals, there is a pyramid casted in 6 directions. When we look at the square we can see all four triangles created by the diagonals however, the cube with the diagonals- we have to twist and turn to see all 6 of the pyramids. The 4D bird should be able to see the six pyramids just by glancing at it just like we can look at the square and see the 4 triangles just by glancing at it.

Also rember once you can understand being able to see the six pyramids at once it's only a birds eye view of the 4D pyramid but you can now can figure out and imagine what it would look like as a whole it's just a matter of time.

Yes, this is a matter of applying dimensional analogy to 4D projections, which is my current preferred approach of 4D visualization.

I'm suspecting that there are 2 directions we can't see upsilon up, delta down like in the examples with Fred, Emily, and Bob.

We can only imagine...

Absolutely.

And welcome to the 4D forum!
quickfur
Pentonian

Postby thigle » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:42 pm

yep.

We can only imagine...

well, not only (i would argue), but exactly. 4d is real as imaginal. its realm of existence is exactly as imaginal.
so we see 4d by looking at the action of our INNER LIGHTs. anyone here in contact with her/his/(its?:lol:) lumen naturale ?

btw, can we discern the dimensional scope of soul ? when will the soFamous science bring us some fundamental transdimensional knowledge ? soO HUNGRY...

(ah, that's the mad guy again :roll: )
thigle
Tetronian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions