Cross-feel with cross-look=the key to the fourth dimension?

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

Cross-feel with cross-look=the key to the fourth dimension?

Postby Muzozavr » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:01 pm

I am a newbie, so don't kick me if it is bad idea!
When I looked at one of stereopairs (do you know "cross-look" method?) I had my eyes crossed for a few seconds even when I looked at my room. And I just noticed that it looked... umm... a bit like 4-dimensional room! :shock:
So, maybe, if "cross-look" gives us something like 4D thing, maybe "cross-feel" with "cross-look" together would give you FEEL AND LOOK TOGETHER a bit like 4th dimension??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I don't live in four dimensions... at least not yet...
Muzozavr
Dionian

Postby bo198214 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:18 pm

How looks a 4 dimensional room for you?
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby Muzozavr » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:48 pm

i don't know even such a name for this figure... well... it's a HELL to describe in words! Do you know this effect of 4D objects that some of the "lines" appears to either go inside-out or overlap each other? THEY DIDN'T. :shock: Inside and not inside at the same time... Overlap and don't overlap at the same time (NOT SWITCHING)... Damn, is there even a words?? :x
Of course its like stereoscopy so objects were doubled. :) Objects were NOT 4D. But the construction of walls... EACH WALL LOOKED LIKE A PARALLELIPIPED. THE WHOLE ROOM WAS SOMETHING. Grahhhh... lost words. :evil: You know this feeling, like you know all, and can't describe? That's the case. :cry:
Muzozavr
Dionian

Postby bo198214 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:02 pm

What I know is if I look at a spiral telefon wire (regular repeated patterns from left to right) then I get into this magic-eye viewing mode.
Its a kind of twilight feeling, and in that has similarity to viewing 4D.
But no more ...
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby Muzozavr » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:12 pm

Maybe it's just a similarity but in my variation it's SO STRONG. I feel shocked. :shock:
I'm looking like this at my keyboard right now. (stopped looking like it) Hard to type like that. The letters are mixed up. :D
It really a bit like "magic eye viewing" but refocused and YOU MUST VIEW IT FROM RIGHT ANGLE.
Maybe it's only similar, but now I can see rotating hypercube and easily imagine it's "borders" not overlaping. But it seems like a figure that CERTAINLY can't exist in three dimensions. Something goes to "nothing".... And I can see this "nothing"? Yeah....
In fact, it seems like one object connected to the other not through 3 dimensions, not from lower.... must be higher.... maybe even dim 5??? But I still think about dim 4...
Muzozavr
Dionian

Postby bo198214 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:55 pm

Oh, then you are the right person to beta test my 4D game: 4D Building Blocks. I had no feedback about it so far.

Especially it also has a crossed-eye mode, which I cannot test because I am only able to parallel eye seeing (nontheless red/cyan mode is the real thing).
I would be interested in how difficult you find to became familiar with the control, and how difficult you find the levels, and of course everything else you perceive about it.
Would be best to put results into the corresponding thread.

So do you dare? ;)
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby wendy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:26 am

One of the things that comes really useful in imagining four dimensions is to develop a "retina". This is a 3d affair, and so one has to assume holographic visisons.

This sounds like you're on the way. A bit of maths can't hurt, because there really isn't anything out there to see, so you got to make your own objects up to see them.

W
The dream you dream alone is only a dream
the dream we dream together is reality.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Postby Muzozavr » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:32 am

how strange.
Especially it also has a crossed-eye mode, which I cannot test because I am only able to parallel eye seeing (nontheless red/cyan mode is the real thing).

I'm exactly the opposite. I can't do the parallel mode. I'am only able to cross-eye seeing. :lol:

EDIT: Now it turned out to be really odd. :?
I shifted two flat vbiews slightly by the cross-view, giving myself a wrong 3D information. It can't exist in 3D space. But both flats becuase of a LOOOONG living in 3D, are looking 3D. They are looking 3D and in 3D they should overlap and I shouldn't see each of them fully, but I did. :?
OK. It now seems to me as a half of key to the 4D. Why?
Take our 3D stereopair. Add another SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT 3D stereopair. If someone could match them into one grand-stereopair... :shock: :?:
Muzozavr
Dionian

Postby bo198214 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:21 am

... then the one person with 4 eyes would have the real 4d view ... ;)

So the insects with k eyes may be able to look into (log<sub>2</sub>k)+2 dimensions :?
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby bo198214 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:43 am

Muzozavr wrote:I'm exactly the opposite. I can't do the parallel mode. I'am only able to cross-eye seeing. :lol:

So you can contribute to verifying my hypothesis, that the rather short-sighted people prefer the parallel-eye view and the rather long-sighted people prefer crossed-eye view. The short-sighted people can completely relax their eyes (that means the lens together with the muscles) and still see the near image, while for the long-sighted its easier to adapt lens and eye-angle at the same time, for seeing a picture.

So are you rather long-sighted or short-sighted?
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby Muzozavr » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:09 pm

:shock: I am long-sighted! I am VERY long-sighted!
Muzozavr
Dionian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions