Fred's world

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

Fred's world

Postby simontarantino » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:59 pm

I would like to clear something out in my head... Fred doesn't see the square it is said in tetraspace.alkaline.org he can only see lines beacause he lives in a 2d world e would never be able to see the square but just one side of it, as we only see a planar figure when looking at a 3d figure, but we can picture the third dimension (deepness or lenghth) and see it as 3d, however and since there is no sence of the third dimension to the 2d creature he would never be able to see the actual square, as we are never able to see the actual cube, but only one planar projection of it at a time... beacause we have no sense of the 4th dimension. Anyone disagree? Please i am very frustrated for not being able to imagine a fourth dimension, take it in consideration. Is the fourth dimension as possible as the 2d world? we have no more knowledge of a 2d world as we do of a 4d world, so can't it all just be a big pointless speculation? I was extremely more confortable on taking time as the 4th dimension.
simontarantino
Nullonian

Postby Keiji » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:57 pm

Please i am very frustrated for not being able to imagine a fourth dimension, take it in consideration.

Don't be, it's not easy.

Is the fourth dimension as possible as the 2d world?

It's actually easier to have a fourth dimension than a second dimension. In 2D, creatures would have extremely simple minds as neuron paths couldn't cross over.
Keiji
Administrator

Postby RQ » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:22 am

I think there's no difference in minds in different D's, the neuron paths could be much smaller than the head, and they might actually be smarter than any of us with respect to a certain standard, and/or directly. Different worlds may have different rules Bob, especially different universes, don't forget that.
RQ
Tetronian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions