Why all the different spaces and seperations?

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

Why all the different spaces and seperations?

Postby itzclay » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:35 pm

Hi, 1st post. I'm kinda new to the 4th dimension directly, as in hearing other peoples thoughts about it. But there are a few things which honestly don't make sense to me.

For example, I keep seeing that people "exist" only on certain planes of existance. 2d beings, 3d beings, 4d beings. This makes 0 sense to me.

Why can I not be a 4d being? I think we are all 4D beings. It's only our perception that is in 3d.

I see people talking about parallel 2D planes. If you stack 2 2D planes, do you not get 3D? Much like the different lanes on a race track. When it is 1 lane, you can only move forward and backwards. When you stack new 2D planes, then you have more lanes, and the car can now change lanes, or 2D planes of existance. Seems to me parallel 2D planes are just 3D.

And who is to say that the 4D plane of existance only exists with shapes on the outside?

When I think of a 4D object, the first thing that comes to mind is a magnet. Which we all know happens due to alignments of electrons inside it. Whats to say that most 4D objects don't exist inside the 3D object, and that electrons being aligned, doesn't move the 4D part of the object outside?

If you take 2 magnets, and align the poles of them opposite. You can move the 2nd object without the 1st object touching it. Seems to me when the 2nd object starts moving, it could be where the 2 4D objects that we don't see are touching, and those you are moving the 2nd object 4dimensionally, although we still only see 2 3d objects which never appear to touch.

Yes, we know the force in magnets, we know how to manipulate those forces etc. But what is to say that force isn't from the 4d part of the object that isn't visible?

Seems to me, if you were to take the magnet, and visualize it's magnetic forces, or draw out it's forces it would suddenly appear as a 4D object.

We know all objects have this force. The earth itself with it's gravitational pull, the sun with it's pull etc. We see these objects as 3d spheres, but would these objects not fit a 4D model if you were to apply it's forces?

Objects which have no force, would therefore have their 4D presence on the inside of the object. Such as humans. But if you could extend your 4D presense or force outside your body. Then you could move objects without physically touching them, just like a magnet does.

As such, if you could move the 4d part of any 3d object, would you then not create a way of moving the 3d object, without needing a physical 3d energy source to move it(for example, 1 3d car pushing another 3d car).

Seems that all forces are just objects which are moving us that we can't see.

Using such thought, I am able to explain many things which seem unnatural. Levitation, moving objects with your mind, etc. Once another object reaches the 4D(or more) parts of the earth, or it's gravitational pull, it is then connected to the 4D object, unless it has enough force to just pass through the 4d object(velocity), in the way a bullet will move through a 3D object.

So what am I missing? I don't understand at all why people talk about 4d beings as different. Seems to me it would only be the perspective of the being which would be different. What we see is a result of our eyes. How we interpret that is done in our brain. Seems a 3d reality is only a result of our own mind and physical limitations, rather than the world around us being a 3d plane.
itzclay
Mononian

Re: Why all the different spaces and seperations?

Postby Keiji » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:29 pm

itzclay wrote:I see people talking about parallel 2D planes. If you stack 2 2D planes, do you not get 3D? Much like the different lanes on a race track. When it is 1 lane, you can only move forward and backwards. When you stack new 2D planes, then you have more lanes, and the car can now change lanes, or 2D planes of existance. Seems to me parallel 2D planes are just 3D.

Shouldn't that go in the topic about parallel planes?
Keiji
Administrator

Postby Nick » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:57 pm

I think you're right on all of those points. Anything of what you said is entirely possible.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions