tetronians walk amongst us

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

tetronians walk amongst us

Postby monaroman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:52 am

techniquely tetronians could walk amongst us. take trionians for example. they can be 3d in flatspace, its just that dionians could only see the *normal* two dimensional being. therefore tetronian can walk in our world and seem normal, because we have not comprehension of the fourth dimension :o_o:
monaroman
Mononian

Re: tetronians walk amongst us

Postby saluk » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:00 am

If they walked among us, I would think that their body would intersect with our universe, and we would see whatever slice was intersecting. They could on the other hand be "out there" ("up" or "down" in the fourth dimension from our universe), in which case I'm not sure that saying they walk among us is quite accurate. I think they just trod on us, compressing our universe down, but of course we don't notice, because we can't perceive our 4 dimensional squish :)
saluk
Nullonian

Re: tetronians walk amongst us

Postby papernuke » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:36 am

saluk wrote:If they walked among us, I would think that their body would intersect with our universe, and we would see whatever slice was intersecting. They could on the other hand be "out there" ("up" or "down" in the fourth dimension from our universe), in which case I'm not sure that saying they walk among us is quite accurate. I think they just trod on us, compressing our universe down, but of course we don't notice, because we can't perceive our 4 dimensional squish :)

only when they "squish" us from the fourth dimension will we not feel anything
that's just because we aren't "there"
so they would be essentially squishing nothing
however, if they had squeezed in a 3D direction with us being there, then yes, we would be squished.
and what we would see would just be a 3D blob of mass. that's is what intersects into our dimension for us to preceive.
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions