Newcomer

Other scientific, philosophical, mathematical etc. topics go here.

Newcomer

Postby _stla_ » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:48 pm

Hello,

I am new here. But I follow this forum for a while, as well as the website formerly named "eusebeia". I'm interested in making 3D animations. I use POV-Ray, the R package rgl, the Python package pyvista, three.js, and Asymptote. Here is my youtube channel, it contains some animations, and for almost each one, a link to the code is provided. You will recognize some animations of the member 'ICN5D'. Here is my blog. A couple of posts are about 4D geometric objects. My background is mathematics and now I'm working as a programmer and statistician. I'm glad to join this forum.
_stla_
Mononian

Re: Newcomer

Postby quickfur » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:16 pm

Welcome! Unfortunately, the forum owner is planning to shutdown the forum at some point in the future. Currently there's no plan for transferring to a new owner yet. :cry:
quickfur
Pentonian

Postby _stla_ » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:11 pm

That's bad news. Can't you open a "discourse" forum? I don't know how this works, but there are many "discourse" fora (I know some of them devoted to some programming languages, e.g. Julia). I don't know whether this is free but probably yes. Of course an admin is needed.
_stla_
Mononian

Postby Keiji » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:31 am

The forum is staying, and it's staying on phpBB.

I'm not a fan of discourse. It doesn't work in Pale Moon, and I find the UI very lacking when compared to phpBB. But then I am just an old man who doesn't like change, after all... :)
Keiji
Administrator

Postby quickfur » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:09 pm

I'm not a fan of discourse either. Nothing wrong with phpBB.
quickfur
Pentonian

Return to General