Here is a sticky one for ya,

Discussions about the possibility of consciousness, free will, spirits, deities, religions and so on, and how these might interact with time travel, the Big Bang, many worlds and so on.

Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby xhutchinson » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:06 am

What if there is a unknown "Part" of us that exsists in another dimention......
It only took one man to invent a light bulb, and it only took 2 brothers to invent flight travel, imagine what we would have if everyone dared to think outside the square
xhutchinson
Mononian
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:00 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby Nick » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:44 am

That is an extremely creepy thought, but I doubt it. Our body wouldn't grow it if it wasn't necessary for survival. Plus, it would need blood, and if we did have another part we would have some extra blood unaccounted for. Like we have extra energy in some parts of space; that can be explained through another dimension. But not organic material.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Image
Nick
Tetronian
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:47 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA

Postby pat » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:15 pm

My appendix is necessary for survival? My uvula? Both of my kidneys? Both of my nostrils? My facial hair?
pat
Tetronian
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:30 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Nick » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:06 pm

pat wrote:My appendix is necessary for survival? My uvula? Both of my kidneys? Both of my nostrils? My facial hair?


They used to be, but because of our change in enviroment, we no longer require them. In other word(s), evolution.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Image
Nick
Tetronian
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:47 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby Hugh » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:15 am

XHUTCHINSON wrote:What if there is a unknown "Part" of us that exsists in another dimention......

Each elementary particle that makes up our body may have higher dimensions than just three. But those higher dimensions may be too small for us to see individually, even with our most powerful equipment. What we end up seeing is only the compilation of the surfaces of the elementary particles facing us.

So, in a sense, the "unknown parts" of us that exist in a higher dimension may just be curved away from our line of sight, on a very, very small scale.
User avatar
Hugh
Tetronian
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:44 pm

Postby papernuke » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:44 pm

my private is in another dimension? i doubt it

and anyways if something was in another dimension, we wouldnt survive, because it might be really important to be in another dimesnion
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: California, US of A

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:49 pm

Icon wrote:and anyways if something was in another dimension, we wouldnt survive, because it might be really important to be in another dimesnion


Just because it extends four-dimensionally doesn't mean it wouldn't be connected to you.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Image
Nick
Tetronian
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:47 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby Keiji » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:30 am

XHUTCHINSON wrote:What if there is a unknown "Part" of us that exsists in another dimention......


Like our souls? ;)
User avatar
Keiji
Administrator
 
Posts: 1962
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:33 pm
Location: Torquay, England

Postby moonlord » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:49 am

Some might believe you believe in souls outside the body :D.
"God does not play dice." -- Albert Einstein, early 1900's.
"Not only does God play dice, but... he sometimes throws them where we cannot see them." -- Stephen Hawking, late 1900's.
moonlord
Tetronian
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:01 pm
Location: CT, RO, CE EU

Postby houserichichi » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:38 pm

I once bought a soul on eBay. I received an empty jar three weeks later...so either that guy screwed me or souls don't exist. I choose the latter because the seller seemed like a nice guy.
houserichichi
Tetronian
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 1:03 am
Location: Canada

Postby moonlord » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:21 pm

L O L -- that's all I can say...
"God does not play dice." -- Albert Einstein, early 1900's.
"Not only does God play dice, but... he sometimes throws them where we cannot see them." -- Stephen Hawking, late 1900's.
moonlord
Tetronian
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:01 pm
Location: CT, RO, CE EU

Postby houserichichi » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:00 am

That's a scientific proof, right? :)
houserichichi
Tetronian
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 1:03 am
Location: Canada

Postby thigle » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:17 pm

soul, the middle, the bridge. in hebrew ruah was for breath. which in many cultures went with air: prana in india, chi in china, lung in tibet, ki in japan.
so the movement, the rhytmical pulse, the BEAT, the elan vital for Bergson, vest in slovenian, and more than 150 other air-movement related expressions can be found.

look at some of the namecloths in which the expelled Soul has to hide
gnosis-logos-physus
Father, Spirit(Holy Ghost), Son
spirit-soul-body
(mind/nature of mind)-(speech(energy)/lightbody)-body/freeManifestation

soul is a negentropic e-m structure that sustains the evolutionary & informational processes necessary for creativity it the globally enviromental field. this Soul (or biofield) is syntropic toroidal knot, with quantum coherence.

soulSeat, i.e. the place where this dynamic feedback toroidal knotted ligtweb is bound to the physical organism is the hearth- citta in sanskrt. note that the technical term bodhicitta, used to denote the enlightened potentiality inherent to all asentient beings, means awakened hearth, though it is often wrongly translated as enlightened mind. the brain has forgotten its own essence.

the Soul has been expelled into the Dreamland.
but some still hear the lifeBeat.
can you feel/hear you heartBeat?

no science ever succeded in explaining how the heartBeat arises in evolving lifeforms after conception.
thigle
Tetronian
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:00 pm

Postby papernuke » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:10 am

What are you talking about thigle? Isn't this thread about body parts in other dimensions?
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: California, US of A

Postby bo198214 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:11 am

not about "body parts" but about "parts" as far as i understood.
bo198214
Tetronian
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:03 pm
Location: Berlin - Germany

Postby moonlord » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:27 am

That's very self-explaining, bo! :P

We're not only considering physical (body) parts, but also the soul, intellect, usw (if we assume they exist).
"God does not play dice." -- Albert Einstein, early 1900's.
"Not only does God play dice, but... he sometimes throws them where we cannot see them." -- Stephen Hawking, late 1900's.
moonlord
Tetronian
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:01 pm
Location: CT, RO, CE EU

Postby bo198214 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:35 pm

moonlord wrote:That's very self-explaining, bo! :P

Why do you say it to me, say it to Icon!
bo198214
Tetronian
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:03 pm
Location: Berlin - Germany

Postby thigle » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:01 pm

@icon: not about body-parts
thigle
Tetronian
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:00 pm

Postby batmanmg » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:08 am

im not sure how a "part" of us could be in the fourth dimension... that would be like fred having a blind eye in the thrid dimension... imagine a 3d eye sticking out of a 2d figure, how would it live independently of fred... his blood isn't 3d, nor is his air. it would be like putting car parts in a computer. so oh yeah... and during the birth? 3d objects are spacially smaller than 4d ones, they can't fit.
batmanmg
Trionian
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:21 pm

Postby bo198214 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:46 am

batmanmg wrote:imagine a 3d eye sticking out of a 2d figure, how would it live independently of fred


:lol: with shaft? So that Fred is a kind of submarine and can see 3d at once with his telescope eye?! :lol:
*laughingly amplyfies this imagination*
bo198214
Tetronian
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:03 pm
Location: Berlin - Germany

Postby gerren » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:38 am

Whoever said that someone couldnt see us in the 3rd dimension through a 4 dimensional view? Such as seeing a book 4 dimensionally.
gerren
Trionian
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:01 am

Postby papernuke » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:30 am

Who said that? Yes they can.
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: California, US of A

Re: Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby malkuth » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:24 am

Latest brain studies suggest that the consciousness is not located within the scull.
Could that be the 4d part of us?
Other planes lie beyond the reach of normal sense and common roads

But they are no less real than what we see or touch or feel

-- Kristian Vikernes
malkuth
Mononian
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:30 am

Re: Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby Keiji » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:42 am

Interesting idea...

I'm inclined to both agree and disagree with that: agree because of what you just said, and that it seems impossible to simulate a human brain; disagree because I personally don't believe in the existence of an accessible fourth spacial dimension in the real world.
User avatar
Keiji
Administrator
 
Posts: 1962
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:33 pm
Location: Torquay, England

Re: Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby malkuth » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:18 pm

Why not?
Other planes lie beyond the reach of normal sense and common roads

But they are no less real than what we see or touch or feel

-- Kristian Vikernes
malkuth
Mononian
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:30 am

Re: Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby Keiji » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:57 pm

If it were accessible, it would surely have been discovered by now.
User avatar
Keiji
Administrator
 
Posts: 1962
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:33 pm
Location: Torquay, England

Re: Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby Tessa » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:20 am

Here's an idea...Maybe we were once 4D beings who have since devolved into a 3D world...Perhaps there are still useless "parts" of us in the fourth dimension and with each generation, the parts are disappearing.

Just a thought. It's kind of depressing, though, because then what if in another billion or so years we're 2D people?
Tessa
Mononian
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:50 am

Re: Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby papernuke » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:51 pm

Back to the brain and the 4D idea, I watched this show a long time ago, where, they talked about physciology, and they said only ~20% of the brain is actually used for thinking, memory, and etc.
They were talking about what and how the other ~80% of the brain was used for.
They talked about 4D projections, thoughts, etc.
Also, they talked about how the extra parts could do mental/physical operations, like bending a spoon. (wtf?)

[edit/add] Another brain thing. How does memory work in our brains? How can we keep thoughts in our brains?
And how can you, simply, forget something? Like how does it happen in the brain?
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: California, US of A

Re: Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby cory_cpd » Wed May 14, 2008 4:22 pm

Their is one thing. they say an atom will never change cause it is a 3 dimentional object. but on further study of sub atomic particles that they change shape size and even at some times what they are made of without warning. they think this is because they are small enough that they are effected by another dimention.

*souce
-a video about time/space travel dealing with lazors* Discovery Channel
cory_cpd
Mononian
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:28 pm

Re: Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby cory_cpd » Wed May 14, 2008 4:25 pm

malkuth wrote:Latest brain studies suggest that the consciousness is not located within the scull.
Could that be the 4d part of us?



and what if the so called "out of body experience" is our 4d though projecting it self to see the out side world while we are out for the count
cory_cpd
Mononian
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:28 pm

Next

Return to Consciousness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest