The Fourth Dimension!!!

Discussions about the possibility of consciousness, free will, spirits, deities, religions and so on, and how these might interact with time travel, the Big Bang, many worlds and so on.

The Fourth Dimension!!!

Postby GARD1 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:03 pm

We're already in the fourth dimension, every single one human being. We can manupilate the three vectors, lenght, width and height whitch are the 3D factor as we know it, but thats it! The fourth dimension is our capability to actally see these vectors, our mind is the fourth dimenson.

I've heard someone say that God The Almighty hides in the fifth dimension, now it comes clear.

We live in the fourth dimension.

Best regards all folks.

Happy thoughts.
GARD1
Mononian

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:13 am

I disagree. Just because you can see three vectors, doesn't mean that your brain is the fourth. IE: I can see three lamps, yet that is it; there are only three lamps.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby jinydu » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:07 am

GARD1, it seems that you do not understand the definition of a dimension. A capability is not a dimension. Here is the real definition of a dimenion:

http://tetraspace.alkaline.org/forum/vi ... .php?t=492

(Scroll down a bit)
jinydu
Tetronian

Re: The Fourth Dimension!!!

Postby WalkingEagle » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:17 pm

GARD1 wrote:We're already in the fourth dimension, every single one human being. We can manupilate the three vectors, lenght, width and height whitch are the 3D factor as we know it, but thats it! The fourth dimension is our capability to actally see these vectors, our mind is the fourth dimenson.

I've heard someone say that God The Almighty hides in the fifth dimension, now it comes clear.

We live in the fourth dimension.

Best regards all folks.

Happy thoughts.

No.
What is existence?

WHO called it up?
WalkingEagle
Mononian

Postby GARD1 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:40 pm

jinydu
I can see that there is a solid and complex side of the definition of the fourth dimension. Being stuck on that God hides in the fifth dimension, and the fact that our mind, every thought is electrical signals through our brain in milliseconds with millivoltage.

My point of view is simply that a person in a "higher" dimension would be able to see all things in a "lower" dimension.

When blocking either one eye we will have only a 2D capability... ?
Not true.

The fourth dimension is merely whithin our mind in the meaning, soul, or elecrical signals through our brain, thats how I see it.

ThanX jinydu for input and reply!
GARD1
Mononian

Postby houserichichi » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:50 pm

jinydu wrote:GARD1, it seems that you do not understand the definition of a dimension. A capability is not a dimension. Here is the real definition of a dimenion:

More generally you'd want to be looking at the covers of a manifold to get its covering dimension rather than its vector space dimension (which is what jinydu has provided). It just so happens that Euclidean n-space (or Minkowski n+1-space, to taste) is a vector space and its covering dimension is equal to its vector space dimension.

To be frank, 'dimension' is, at the very least, a word in the lexicon of mathematics. To remove it from such is to change (read: butcher, from the point of view of a purist) its definition to suit a need. Of course one can say that the 'dimensions of velocity are LT^-1' but this is a completely different use of the word. To give credit to the argument that a capacity is a 'dimension' is akin to what I just did above - use the word in a non-similar, disjoint fashion. Sure, capacity could be a 'dimension', but it wouldn't be a "spatial dimension" like length, width, and time in the mathematical (topological) sense of the word.
houserichichi
Tetronian

Postby jinydu » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:13 am

GARD1, did you understand? Your idea is not in accordance with the definition of dimension as accepted by mathematicians. The word 'dimension' already has a precise meaning that is not open to change at a whim, any more than a word like "electrical".
jinydu
Tetronian

Postby Keiji » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:27 am

GARD1 wrote:I can see that there is a solid and complex side of the definition of the fourth dimension. Being stuck on that God hides in the fifth dimension, and the fact that our mind, every thought is electrical signals through our brain in milliseconds with millivoltage.

My point of view is simply that a person in a "higher" dimension would be able to see all things in a "lower" dimension.

When blocking either one eye we will have only a 2D capability... ?
Not true.

The fourth dimension is merely whithin our mind in the meaning, soul, or elecrical signals through our brain, thats how I see it.

This is ridiculous...
Keiji
Administrator

Postby GARD1 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:29 am

Close this thread
GARD1
Mononian

Postby Nick » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:55 am

GARD1 wrote:Close this thread

If you insist...
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Return to Consciousness