The Spatial 4th Dimension Revelation 2012!!!

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

The Spatial 4th Dimension Revelation 2012!!!

Postby MikeInfinity » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:52 am

My name is Michael Joseph Crosby I am a 34 year old high school graduate, I reside in New Orleans. I have discovered, and in this short presentation I intend to experimentally prove, the fourth spatial dimension. Read this post or Watch the rap video! http://youtu.be/hXDNedx_wTI

The Universal Grid (UG)
IMG_20120213_190336.jpg
The Universal Grid
(638.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet

This retractable multispace graph will visually reveal all Euclidean 4 dimensional polytopes. This is a 2 dimensional representation of four 3D spaces that move and are situated in the same manner as tetrahedral bond angles, 109.28°. In layman's terms, these are four cubes that come together at precise angles to form a 5th cube. So the 4 directions in space are defined by the simplest volume in the universe- the tetrahedron. Take the tetrahedron, find it's center, then draw lines to each of it's four vertices, these are the four directions in space. It is only logical to measure space and lay the foundation for all space by starting with the tetrahedron. The cube is indeed the most practical application of 3D space in the real world (I can't imagine trying to hang pictures in a tetrahedral room), however, the cube has six planes and the tetrahedron has only four, which makes the tetrahedron the simplest aggregation of planes that form a volume in the universe and the "alpha" of space. In the case of the Universal Grid, the tetrahedron and the cube work together by using the cube to represent the real world and the tetrahedron as the governor of the motion and nature of space.

4D Graphing

Keep in mind that the human eye views the world in two dimensions; any person familiar with computer graphics knows that you can pull up a preset cube, take the wire frame model of it, change the viewing settings so that the perspective is not affected by space, and from a certain angle the cube is actually a hexagon; that same perspective is true of this graph.

Though these hexagons are 120° to one another, an actual model of four connected cubes whose centers are retracted at 109.28° from each other would at a certain angle appear to be situated in the same manner as the hexagons of the UG.

The 3D cubes are represented in 2D by the colored hexagons. Three axial lines are visible, the fourth is represented by the point of origin of this graph; it moves towards and away from the perspective viewer. The blue hexagon of the UG represents the 3D space that moves along the x axis, the green hexagon moves along the y axis, and the red hexagon along the z axis. The black hexagon in the center is the 3D space that moves along the fourth or w axis which is represented as the point of origin. The graph has two positions:

Figure 1: Collapsed - all four 3D spaces fully occupying the same space.
Same picture*

Figure 2: Retracted - all four 3D spaces partially occupying the same space.
IMG_20120213_190544.jpg
UG Retracted
(657.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Input the coordinates into the UG while the graph is in the collapsed position. If this were a computer program, the data would actually go into all four 3D spaces as the same coordinates in each; I used a red dry erase marker and drew the same tetrahedron on each graph. When the graphs of the UG are retracted along the 4 axial lines that are situated 109.28° from each other, the 4D phenomenon occurs and the hypervolume is revealed. Lets take a look at the UG in action.

Figure 3: The tetrahedron (collapsed)
IMG_20120314_193536.jpg
The tetrahedron (collapsed)
(511.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Figure 4: The hypertetrahedron (retracted)
IMG_20120314_193338.jpg
Hypertetrahedron (retracted)
(443.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet

You can clearly see 5 tetrahedrons, the one in the center is the 3D being. Also note how the revealed hypertetrahedron fits neatly inside of the created 5th cube that is comprised of portions of the other cubes. The three active cubes of this 2D version of the UG overlap to reveal the multi-colored cube; the created tetrahedron within it is almost the same size in comparison as the original inputted volume is to the collapsed cubes. This allows for the created multi-colored 5th cube of space (the new and improved Hypercube) to serve as it's own graph giving the ensuing polytope a unique set of relative coordinates. Carefully observe and compare this polytope to the description of what a hypertetrahedron should entail. The unvisualized mathematically accepted calculation predicts that this simplex should have 20 faces. This polytope indeed has 20 faces.

Findings and Implications

I have discovered a phenomenon, any shape, be it 2D, 3D, or 4D that is imputed in to the graph will produce a miniature replica. I wondered if a asymmetrical shape would display a miniature, indeed it did.
IMG_20120213_121548.jpg
asymmetrical 2D shape (collapsed)
(558.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet

IMG_20120213_121442.jpg
asymmetrical 2D shape (retracted)
(579.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet

In chemistry, tetrahedral bond angles are the manner in which many atoms bond to form molecules. The implications suggest that the 4th dimension governs the foundation of atomic and molecular bonds. The UG can be improved by allowing the graphs to move beyond the point of origin in both directions. The UG can be used in any of the 2 positions for data entry, collapsed or retracted. You can input a shape into the graph while it is in the retracted position then collapse it to reveal the polytope, or vice versa. I have taken a close observation of many of the measurable parameters associated with the UG; w, x, y, and z axises and the distance each graph moves along these axial lines; the relative size of the polytope in comparison to the original inputted volume; The 4D polytope can be inputted and retracted to reveal the 5D, the 5th inputted to reveal the 6D so on and so forth to infinity.

Multiple points, form a line; Multiple lines form a plane; Multiple planes form a volume; Multiple volumes form a hypervolume. At the very beginning of my scientific endeavors, this statement of fact was my only lesson on the fourth spatial dimension and it lead me directly to this discovery.

Personal Statement

I have noticed that the Universal Grid is pregnant with an infinite storehouse of potential data. I believe that this "key" will unlock the unknown higher dimensions of reality and inaugurate the next age of science. As the creator/custodian of the UG, I deliver this graph to the scientific community with hopes that the ensuing discoveries will be used to make our world a better place. Upon my completion of the initial discovery, a small voice within my being compelled me to write on the folder in which the discovery was contained a phrase that I wish to be accompanied with this graph wherever it shall be duplicated...

"Use this for the benefit and well-being of all mankind."

Please scrutinize this information. Questions, comments, and reactions are invited and appreciated.
MikeInfinity
Nullonian

Re: The Spatial 4th Dimension Revelation 2012!!!

Postby Keiji » Sun May 13, 2012 11:49 am

I love the rap, but I still don't understand what you're trying to achieve here. We've been viewing perspective, orthogonal and stereographic projections for years. On the other hand, your "Universal Grid" doesn't make any sense to me no matter how long I stare at it...
Keiji
Administrator

Postby Secret » Sun May 13, 2012 2:12 pm

A guy with a youtube clip on a tutorial on how to draw a pentachoron and a 3-sphere by overlapping their 3D analogous produce the same shape presented in the grid. Unfortunately, it is a wrong representation of the pentachoron or its net (The net of a pentachoron is not a tetrahedron with each of its vertices puffed up into a tetrahedron and then attached to a central tetrahedron at the corners)

Similarly, the "tesseract" presented in the grid can at best be interpreted as 4 cubes sticking in each orthogonal directions attaching to a centre cube, but not a tesseract

I'm not sure whether the guy is being deleted but I cannot find his hypersphere visualizing clip anymore on youtube
Secret
Trionian

Postby gonegahgah » Sun May 13, 2012 10:31 pm

I guess the perspective that I like about ghettochild's model is that it shows that 4D objects have multiple 3D faces - like our 3D objects have multiple 2D faces.

In truth the model shows only half the faces that are present so in some respect I guess you could say that we are like a 4Der looking at it from the front.
The same goes for us in that we can only ever look at half the faces of solids at any one point; without a mirror behind it that is.

If gives a bit more of the impression that faces are connected internally which is nice.
Though we are still viewing it from the outside when a 4Der would be viewing it via one of its two insides.
gonegahgah
Tetronian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions