Dionian Writen language

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

Dionian Writen language

Postby anderscolingustafson » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:56 am

I have come up with a possible dionian alphabet it has eleven letters, four vowels, and seven consonants.

I have also come up with a numerical system of four linear numerals as dionians would probably have four fingers assuming they would have opposable thumbs so if they were to make a numerical system based on the number of fingers they would have it would probably have four numerals. I didn't come up with any decimal point symbol as I was thinking a dionian could use the number of zeros in front of the last digit as a substitute for a decimal point.

I also came up with some operational signs as well and I came up with a symbol that would stand for parentheses and quotation marks. I also came up with a symbol for arose that point in two directions. Other than the quotes I haven't come up with any quotation marks as I think dionians might not use them as they might take up too much room in a 2d world.

These are the numerals I came up with.

_ - _ is 0 __ - ____ is 1 _ - ___ - _ is 2 ____ - __ is 3

Now four would be represented with the symbol for one in front of the symbol for zero just as with our numerical system ten is represented with the symbol for one in front of the symbol for zero. The numerals above 3 are represented like this.

__ - ____ -- _ - _ is 4 __ - ____ -- __ - ____ is 5 __ ____ -- _ - ___ - _ is 6

__ - ____ -- ____ - __ is 7 _ - ___ - _ -- _ - _ is 8 ____ - __ -- _ - _ is 12 and so on.

This is how decimals are represented.

_ - _ -- __ - ____ is 0.25 to us _ - _ -- _ - ___ - _ is 0.5 to us

_ - _ -- _ - ___ - _ is 0.75 to us and so on

These are the operational signs I came up with

_ - _ - _ - _ is + _ - _ - _ is - ____ - _ is the symbol for multiplication

_ - ____ is the symbol for division __ - ___ is the symbol for the rooting of a number

and ___ - __ is the symbol for exponent _ - __ - _ is the symbol for equals

These are the vowels I came up with

___ - ____ is for the vowel that would be a cross between long a, long e, long i, and short i.

___ - __ - _ is for the vowel that would be a cross between short a, short e, short o, short u, and are.

__ - __ - __ is for the vowel that would be a cross between air, long o, long u, and oo.

__ - ___ - _ is for the vowel that would be a cross between er, or, and r.

These are theconsonants I came up with

___ - _ - __ is for the consonant that would be a cross between b, p, and v.

__ - _ - ___ is for the consonant that would be a cross between d, j, t, ch, and þ/th.

_ - __ - ___ is for the consonant that would be a cross between f, and h.

_ - ___ - __ is for the consonant that would be a cross between the more common sound of g, and k.

_ - __ - __ is for the consonant that would be a cross between l, w, and y.

__ - _ - __ is for the consonant that would be a cross between m, and n.

and ______ - _ is for the consonant that would be a cross between s, z, and sh.

This would be the order of the alphabet.

___ - ____ -- ___ - _ - __ -- __ - _ - ___ -- ___ - __ - _ -- _ - __ - ___ -- _ - ___ - __ -- __ - __ - __

_ - __ - __ -- __ - _ - __ -- __ - ___ - _ -- ______ - _

These are the symbols for parentheses and quotation marks.

__ - _ is ( and open quotation marks _ - __ ) and closed quotation marks

These are the symbols for arrows pointing in different directions.

__ - _____ is for a downward pointed arrow _____ - __ is for an upward pointed arrow.

I was also thinking that a dionian might use shorter words as it would not need to be able to form as many combinations of sounds and letters as it would live in a simpler environment and the words would need to shorter for a dionian to fit all the words for a dionian book into a dionian book. I also think that a dionian might use fewer words in a sentence for instance not having a word for the, or a, or an as well as not having helping verbs. What does everyone else on this forum think of this?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
anderscolingustafson
Tetronian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions