black holes and white holes

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

black holes and white holes

Postby papernuke » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:39 am

i read in the wiki that black holes suck in matter, but how does a white hole work? eject it?

[edit] i read that it ejects stuff, but how does it work?
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian

Postby jinydu » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:27 am

As far as I know, a white hole is a solution to Einstein's general relativity equations; similar to black holes except there is a minus sign thrown in somewhere.

But I don't think there is any experimental evidence that white holes actually physically exist.
jinydu
Tetronian

Re: black holes and white holes

Postby Rkyeun » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:15 pm

The white hole is the black hole viewed from the inside.
All matter and events are repelled from the horizon, unable to reach it before bouncing back.

If and only if a particle had negative energy it would also have negative mass, since E=MC^2 and the speed of light is not imaginary.
This negative mass/energy would attract all other negative masses and energies, but repel all positive masses and energies.

The universe appears to have many properties we would expect from the inside of a very large black hole.
Perhaps the white hole is the big bang and what we are perceiving as time is our gravitational repulsion from it.
Rkyeun
Dionian

Re: black holes and white holes

Postby Prashantkrishnan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Interaction between postitive and negative mass would be very weird. For example, the gravitational force would become a repulsive force between opposite masses. But a force in a given direction would accelerate a negative mass in the opposite direction. This would result in a negative mass constantly chasing a positive mass trying to run away from it.

Between two negative masses, there would be attractive gravitational force, which would cause them to move away from each other. One general conclusion that we can make is that all masses try to go towards positive masses and away from negative masses.
People may consider as God the beings of finite higher dimensions,
though in truth, God has infinite dimensions
Prashantkrishnan
Trionian

Return to Where Should I Post This?