Tetraspace, 4+ Dimensions and the Supernatural

Discussions about the possibility of consciousness, free will, spirits, deities, religions and so on, and how these might interact with time travel, the Big Bang, many worlds and so on.

Tetraspace, 4+ Dimensions and the Supernatural

Postby modernsappho » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:55 pm

"Dimensional analogy was used by Edwin Abbott Abbott in the book Flatland, which narrates a story about a square that lives in a two-dimensional world, like the surface of a piece of paper. From the perspective of this square, a three-dimensional being has seemingly god-like powers, such as being able to remove objects from a safe without breaking it open (by moving them across the third dimension), being able to see everything that from the two-dimensional perspective is enclosed behind walls, and remaining completely invisible by standing a few inches away in the third dimension."- Wiki quote

I just read on http://tetraspace.alkaline.org/, the introduction and the 2nd and 3rd dimensions. I'm going to read more of it as my schedule allows.

Well...Since this is the Metaphysics section, I thought I might bring up this quote. Honestly, I do not have a lot of experience with science. I'm new to this forum, but i've always loved Science(Physics/Biology in particular. And I excelled at those). And just reading this, which wasn't hard to understand ar all, I've rekindled my undying love of knowledge and learning about the mysteries of the universe.I was thinking of studying some sort of science a while ago. Since i'm studying to be a CNA right now, I think I might extend my studies to some sort of science or maybe just Psychology, once I enter school to study to be an RN.

As of right now, i'm more of a philospher. I love learning about scientific principles and applying my knowledge to this world or a hypothetical world or situation(Such as a world in which the supernatural exist.)

If it is true that, (and common sensically speaking it is), a being from a two dimensional world would view a three dimensional world(And a third dimensional being would view a fourth dimensional world, and a two dimensional being, would view a one dimensional world, etc etc.) as god-like...Then couldn't we say that, hypothetically speaking of course, if there were a such thing as God, Ghost, Angels, Demons, that "they" are not neccessarily god-like at all.

They just exists in different dimensions(4th, 4th+)...Where different rules apply?

So, hypothetically speaking of course, "God" could simply be like the machine and the machinist of Oz. Nothing fascinating once you see that it's the same rules(Or laws of the universe), just in a different dimension.

What do you think? Discuss.
modernsappho
Nullonian

Re: Tetraspace, 4+ Dimensions and the Supernatural

Postby Sideshow » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:04 am

Perhaps. It would seem to fill in lots of the "supernatural" powers that many religions contest that their God possesses.

But...

It wouldn't answer how the being interacts with this plane of existence. I for one haven't seen any two-dimensional universes sitting on my table, but then again that doesn't prove anything. What I'd like to know is why, if God is a 4-dimensional being, he would have any interest in us. Would he have any influence on our dimension?

Say there is a God. I think it would be much more likely that He would be an intrinsic part of the universe, rather than another, higher being from another universe who has somehow gained access to this one and started messing around.

What do you think?
Sideshow
Dionian

Re: Tetraspace, 4+ Dimensions and the Supernatural

Postby goy vey » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:36 am

Most world religions hold that their God is beyond time, space, and physics as we understand it, and would probably reject a "God-as-4-dimensional-being" theory. I would too, on the grounds that my God is more than just a physical person moving around in more than one spatial dimension; He is the highest Good, beyond my ability to completely comprehend.
"As a youth I prayed, 'Give me chastity and continence, but not yet.'"
- St. Augustine
goy vey
Mononian

Return to Consciousness