The brain, crop circles and the 2-slit experiment

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

The brain, crop circles and the 2-slit experiment

Postby bensmail2 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:57 am

OK, I'm new here and kind of overwhelmed. I've been tossing around different life "theories" for quite some time now, adding onto them as I discover new ideas, etc.. I have not spent a lot of time on the net researching the basics behind some of this stuff but when I do try, it's not easy stuff to find. Most of the heavy technical write-ups are beyond me, (not having studied in that particular field).

So I'm just going to dive right in. Hopefully people can reply with their ideas and we can change, modify or scrap my "theory". Here goes:

The basics broken down.

1) Our brain has evolved to access 4D

2) Crop circles are made by something in or using 4D

3) The famous quantum-physics 2-slit experiment is perplexing to us because it involves 4D

4) 4D is an energy dimension

1) 4D is not easy to imagine, our 3D tools cannot test it, our 3D observations cannot see it. However, evolution cannot test, observe or see anything. Random changes end up sticking around if they are beneficial. What if the brain found some way to evolve into 4D? How would we know? We would not be able to see, measure or test this part using 3D equipment. As far as I know (not being a brain surgeon) the brain is still a mystery. What if the mystery lies in 4D? Imagine how much more information could be stored in 4D!! It would be a HUGE advantage and evolution always loves the huge advantages. Just like light sensitive cells were needed before light could be known by evolution, without eyes light would have been an unknown mystery. Navigating a 3D world requires 3D vision. Thinking in a 4D world does not require knowing or seeing 4D, these things would not be beneficial. Basically, if it is there, evolution can take advantage of it and 4D would be a huge advantage.

I think this 4D brain theory starts to explain many of life's mysteries including ghosts, ESP, OOBEs, etc...

2) Most people assign Aliens to the duty of creating crop circles. If not aliens then it's two old guys with a board and a rope. Or it could be a government conspiracy to hide the truth.... anyway, it does not take much of a serious look into crop circles to know SOMETHING strange is going on. There are just far too many of them all over the world to be a cult of crop artists. Crop circles have been a phenomenon for many centuries that we know of, you just have to look at some of the massively complex creations to KNOW we did not do it and certainly not a few guys with a board and rope!! The only unusual phenomenon I have heard being witnessed around a crop circle is a floating glowing sphere. I've watched news camera video and heard witness testimony on the subject. We know that a 3D nail pounded through 2D space would look like a floating disc and also that a 4D nail pounded through 3D space would look like a floating sphere. I think it's quite obvious that crop circles are the creation of some intelligence either in 4D itself or using 4D tools of some kind. Seeing as this intelligence should be able to simply write out a message instead of a nifty picture, I also think it's quite obvious that (whatever it is) it is trying to communicate with us only after we are ready to communicate with it. That will only happen when we put some serious effort into the study.

3) I recently saw a NOVA episode that talked about an odd quantum-physics experiment called the 2-slit experiment. Look it up, you can find a lot of videos on the subject. From my new and limited understanding on the subject, quantum-physicists are having difficulty explaining why this happens. At first there was a theory that every possibility happened at the same time and was only locked into one possibility after it was observed by an outside observer. That didn't make much sense so someone came up with a new theory that every possibility happened in different layers or multi-verses. This still sounds rather complicated to me and makes little sense. I have a gut feeling it would be a lot easier to understand and explain if we knew a lot more about 4D. I've been thinking heavily on this the past few days and could use some help. Any ideas?

4) I believe that 4D is an energy dimension. The brain works with electrical current, the glowing spheres seen at crop circles, the fact that 3D atoms could not be part of 4D. What is energy?? the energetic movement of sub atomic particles?? What if energy is 4D and energy makes sub atomic particles move??

Well, that's all for now. My theory is a lot more complicated than this and backed up by more observations but I do not have the time to list them today.

Am I on to something, digging up past ideas or just crazy?

-Ben Knox
bensmail2
Nullonian

Re: The brain, crop circles and the 2-slit experiment

Postby Keiji » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:48 am

bensmail2 wrote:1) Our brain has evolved to access 4D

I agree these sound plausible. I think there was another topic where someone said 4D is responsible for emotions or twin telepathy or somesuch but I can't really remember.

3) The famous quantum-physics 2-slit experiment is perplexing to us because it involves 4D

No, the 2 slit experiment has been explained properly. It's caused by wave interference and it's actually very simple when you understand that light travels as waves.

Well, Einstein already proved that all mass is really just energy in disguise, so every spacial dimension is an energy dimension. :P
Keiji
Administrator

Postby bensmail2 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:04 am

No, the 2 slit experiment has been explained properly. It's caused by wave interference and it's actually very simple when you understand that light travels as waves.

It's more complicated than that. Look into it. At the quantum level a particle is both matter and a wave. When you set up devices to detect a wave you receive only a wave and when looking for a particle the wave pattern stops and you have only a particle. Which slit does the particle enter?? From what I've read so far they cannot tell as if it enters both at the same time.

This is my weakest idea and I've just started looking into it. It's more of a hunch at this point and I need more input. The current explanations of observation effects the outcome and the multi-verse just don't sit well with me, I feel the explanation should be a lot simpler.
bensmail2
Nullonian

Postby Keiji » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:58 am

It's more complicated than that. Look into it. At the quantum level a particle is both matter and a wave. When you set up devices to detect a wave you receive only a wave and when looking for a particle the wave pattern stops and you have only a particle. Which slit does the particle enter?? From what I've read so far they cannot tell as if it enters both at the same time.

Wait, are we talking about the same thing here? I initially thought you were referring to the experiment where laser light passes through two narrow slits which are close to each other, causing interference patterns.

I feel the explanation should be a lot simpler.

String theorists say that there are more than 3 dimensions, but unfortunately that goes to the other extreme - they think there 26 dimensions IIRC (one for every letter of the alphabet, how convenient!)
Keiji
Administrator

Postby Rkyeun » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:30 pm

1) Our brain has evolved to access 4D
No. Our brain has evolved to access abstraction, which we can use to model mathematics and imagine a 4D space and what it might be like.

No. They're made by kids and farmers playing pranks and looking for attention.

No. It's perplexing because msot of us don't understand how something can be both a particle and a wave, and moreso why looking at it in a certain way should make it pick being one and not the other.

What the heck is an "energy dimension"?

In short, no, 4D is not magic. It's an extra spatial dimension we're assuming exists because it's fun to postulate about what our physics might be like if extended there. Like walking around rivers or shifting to the top left lane when driving down the highway.
Rkyeun
Dionian

Return to Where Should I Post This?