Stereo photo viewer applet

Discuss interdimensional programming, Java applets and so forth.

Stereo photo viewer applet

Postby bo198214 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:03 pm

The problem is only, always to have mono, crossed, parallel and red/cyan might be a bit cumbersome (to create, maintain, and read).

I dont know whether the stereo photo viewer applet (free of use for noncommercial sites) can be used to simplify handling of the different stereo techniques. As I have understood it, you simply make a jpg with a view of the left and the right eye, and this applet creates the stereo image of your choice, for example crossed eye, parallel eye, red/cyan, various other anaglyph, interlaced, or Sharp 3dlcd.

For general use I only find its size (1.5MB) and processing time a bit problematic. What do you (especially quickfur) think?
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby moonlord » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:20 pm

Interesting, although I didn't feel the effect too much. Processing takes virtually no time on my machine...
moonlord
Tetronian

Postby bo198214 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:25 pm

moonlord wrote:Interesting, although I didn't feel the effect too much.

Öhm, the stereo effect??? In which mode? I tried parallel, and red/cyan and it was as usual good... :?
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby moonlord » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:37 pm

Cross-eyed, as usual. The image gets depth, I even have to refocus to see things far away or close in the picture, but the overall efect of 'wow, that's nice' I've experienced with 4DBB, for example, isn't that obvious. Maybe there aren't the best pictures for this? The movies, on the other hand, are great.
moonlord
Tetronian

Return to Programming