My friend has a theory

Discussion of theories involving time as a dimension, time travel, relativity, branes, and so on, usually applying to the "real" universe which we live in.

My friend has a theory

Postby Universally_thinking » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:30 am

This is what my friend thinks:

We already live in the fourth dimension, it is time, otherwise how can things change? with no time everything will be permanently fixed. So what you think of as 2d universe is actually 3d. Length, width and time.

moonlord: Fixed typo in title. Don't know what's with me.
Universally_thinking
Dionian

Postby Keiji » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:24 pm

Moved to Relativity & Time Travel.

We generally don't regard time as a dimension. If you want to talk about that, post in this forum in future. Thank you.
Keiji
Administrator

Postby batmanmg » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:04 pm

hasn't this been restated many many times already? einstiens theory of reletivity is based on a consept like this... is there any other meaning to this theory you'd like to give UT?
batmanmg
Trionian

Postby rudeonline » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:07 am

I would say..

Read my theory of "consciousness, the border opf the universe""..

rudeonline
The mind creates the universe..
rudeonline
Mononian

multiple dimensions

Postby lolhhs » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:16 am

we live in a world filled with dimensions. at our current state, we are unable to perceive four or more dimesions in this world if we could see them, I would be really confused lol but time and space and other spacial realms make sense to me. who knows maybe in a different universe with different laws, other dimensions are more visible to a creature who realizes that he exists.
lolhhs
Nullonian

Postby PWrong » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:22 am

we live in a world filled with dimensions.

What does that mean?

at our current state, we are unable to perceive four or more dimesions in this world

It's not as if they should be difficult to detect. If there was a fourth, large euclidean dimension that could interact with our universe via any of the four fundamental forces, we wouldn't be here.
PWrong
Pentonian

Return to Non-Spatial Dimensions