Source of gravity

Discussion of theories involving time as a dimension, time travel, relativity, branes, and so on, usually applying to the "real" universe which we live in.

Source of gravity

Postby SpunkySkunk347 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:03 pm

My friend thinks that gravitons (the essense of gravity) are from a different dimension.

He thinks that large density of matter (the sun for example) creates a rip between dimensions causing "gravitons" to enter our dimension. Most people can say that gravity is the source of all energy, without it stars would not exsist.

So this brings me to the point that maybe there is an infinite amount of dimensions. Each dimension is supplying "a source of energy" (like gravity) to the dimension below it.
SpunkySkunk347
Mononian

Postby Nick » Tue May 23, 2006 11:27 pm

An extra dimension isn't required for spacetime to be warped by objects with high density.

However, P-Branes is a theory that implies that P dimensional worlds, or P-Branes (where P is the number of dimensions) exist in a higher dimensional universe, and that gravitational effects from one P dimensional world moves through the higher dimension and into the other P dimensionally world. It would explain the extra gravity in our universe that can't be explained...

P-Branes don't involve what you're talking about... just thought I'd mention it :wink:.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Return to Non-Spatial Dimensions