Interesting prospect of time and our 3d..

Discussion of theories involving time as a dimension, time travel, relativity, branes, and so on, usually applying to the "real" universe which we live in.

Interesting prospect of time and our 3d..

Postby Lincolnrocker » Fri May 19, 2006 9:44 pm

I thought this was kind of an interesting way of looking at things if 4d were actually Time.
When looking at our 3d world you have X, Y, and Z axis... but also a T axis which would be our Time or (4d)... I was looking into a common thing that happens to all of us when we dream..at one time or another I am sure...

Ever have those dreams when it seems you have been dreaming all night, or at least for quite a while...maybe 10 minutes or maybe a half hour, and then you are awakened by the phone, but before waking, the phone is actually interjected into your dream...sometimes this happens with radio alarm clocks...so within your dream, the phone may be ringing or something, and then you eventually wake up from it...

Well, that is normal enough, but let's put an interesting twist on it.. Say the dream that you had and thought was going on for at least .. let's say 10 - 30 minutes before you wake up to the phone, actually only lasted anywhere from milliseconds to 2 seconds, and the dream itself was actually triggered by the phone ringing in the first place. Within those few milliseconds before waking, it seemed as if you had been having the dream for quite some time, but actually started and revolved around the telephone ringing...
That's a weird theory in and of itself, but when you look at the 4th D as Time, you can have a seemingly long time in 4d, but it's really only a few seconds, if that here, in 3d....I dunno... it kind of made me wonder....

I don't know...maybe I am hitting a null point, all this stuff confuses my brain anyways, I think I may be inferior when it comes to learning about this kind of subject.
Lincolnrocker
Nullonian

Postby jinydu » Fri May 19, 2006 11:56 pm

That has a lot more to do with the way the human brain works than the nature of time, which is independent of the human brain.
jinydu
Tetronian

Postby Lincolnrocker » Sat May 20, 2006 3:39 am

True...sorry.
Lincolnrocker
Nullonian

Return to Non-Spatial Dimensions