parallel worlds -- time and space being swapped

Discussion of theories involving time as a dimension, time travel, relativity, branes, and so on, usually applying to the "real" universe which we live in.

parallel worlds -- time and space being swapped

Postby Muzozavr » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:39 pm

I was thinking about universe. When it appeared, was it big bang? Was this bang more complex or simpler, than we think? Or was it NOT a big bang?
It came to time, etc...

So I made a seemingly good idea (and maybe bad) about two parallel worlds...

Our space is TIME in a parallel world. Our time is SPACE.
We don't touch each other since we are in different space/time and can't see each other.
But space/time of both worlds are like swapped.
I don't live in four dimensions... at least not yet...
Muzozavr
Dionian

Postby jinydu » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:49 am

Do you have any logical arguments to support this idea? It sounds quite meaningless to me.
jinydu
Tetronian

Postby PWrong » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:31 pm

That's a bit harsh Jin :lol:.

I was thinking about universe. When it appeared, was it big bang? Was this bang more complex or simpler, than we think? Or was it NOT a big bang?

I think it was more complex than I think. But it was definitely a big bang of some sort.
So I made a seemingly good idea (and maybe bad) about two parallel worlds...
Your idea looks a lot worse than it is. At first glance, I have to admit your post does look meaningless. Try to go into a bit more detail. When I think about it, it's interesting, but it has a few problems.

Our space is TIME in a parallel world. Our time is SPACE.
We don't touch each other since we are in different space/time and can't see each other.
But space/time of both worlds are like swapped.

In this parallel world, are there 3 space and one time dimension, or 3 time and one space?

To what extent are time and space "swapped"? You don't want to swap them entirely, or you'll end up with a universe where only the words themselves are different. As an analogy, what do you think would be different if the colours "red" and "blue" were swapped?

I've read something similar about black holes. When you're close to a black hole, you can't stop falling towards it for the same reason you can't stop your clock ticking when you're outside a black hole. So space and time do swap roles in a way.
PWrong
Pentonian

Return to Non-Spatial Dimensions