The Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything

Discussion of theories involving time as a dimension, time travel, relativity, branes, and so on, usually applying to the "real" universe which we live in.

The Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything

Postby ICN5D » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:11 am

Well, I'm certainly no expert, but I did have a novel idea for how to begin this process. Lately, any thought and application of higher dimensional surfaces has been coming very easily to me. I'd like to apply it to a real world scenario.

So, my idea is this: we begin with the notion that there are 26 dimensionless constants of nature. These are pure mathematical ratios and do not require a measurement system. So, let's start off with constructing a 26 dimensional plane, where origin has 26 axes intersecting at right angles. This is a euclidean space, no curvature. Now, let's take each axis and assign a constant of nature to it, making a point along a line. It's value will be at this point. Now, we end up with 26 points each on its own axis.

My theory is this: we connect all 26 points together into a single object with a complex surface. This surface is the topological equivalent to our universe, and thus the equation. This way, we apply what we know beforehand, THEN derive the surface features. The way it folds and laces may show undiscovered relationships within physics. We'd be exploring mathematical space, shining a light on the intricate surface features that are hidden in the dark.

At least, that's how I see it. Could be way off.
It is by will alone, I set my donuts in motion
ICN5D
Pentonian

Re: The Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything

Postby ICN5D » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:29 am

Hmm, the more I think about this idea, it's starting to sound incredible. These constants are pure numbers. What better than to arrange them at the vertices of a 26D geometric shape. The resulting figure would mathematically combine all of those values into one. The equation that defines the shape will allow one to derive all of those values, and therefore, all of the constants of nature. Even moreso, the angles, edges, planes, etc end up mirroring the equations themselves. I always felt the e=mc² could be rewritten as e/c=mc , where e,c,m, were perpendicular axes in a 3D equation. The 'c' is like an intersection point between 'e' and 'm' . The 26D shape may have something like this within its structure. Every dimensionless constant would be geometrically united into one equation.
It is by will alone, I set my donuts in motion
ICN5D
Pentonian

Return to Non-Spatial Dimensions