Facet layout diagrams make no sense whatsoever.

Discussion of known convex regular-faced polytopes, including the Johnson solids in 3D, and higher dimensions; and the discovery of new ones.

Facet layout diagrams make no sense whatsoever.

Postby Catisfluffy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Why hasn't anyone made the K4 diagram yet? How do you expand (3)-(4)? How do you expand (3)-<4? How do the higher dimensional versions work? Is this even well defined? Help!
Catisfluffy
Mononian

Re: Facet layout diagrams make no sense whatsoever.

Postby student91 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Please note that there are several "dots with sticks"-diagrams that are used to describe polytopes, the facet-layout-diagrams being the one I myself am least acquainted with (It's best (and by my knowledge only) explanation is on this site's wiki).
The other one is the Coxeter-Dynkin-diagram, which is mainly used in Wikipedia, which is explained there but also in this manuscript, though there I use some different notation, which I only know to be used in this forum and on Klitzings website.
Then we have something known as Dynkin-diagrams, which are used to describe root systems of "Lie-algebras", rather sophisticated mathematics that has uses in theoretical quantum physics. I know very little about that subject.
student91
Tetronian

Postby Catisfluffy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:49 pm

I'm talking about Facet layout.
Catisfluffy
Mononian

Postby student91 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:49 am

I'm sorry, to me your link seems to be broken :(
student91
Tetronian

Postby Catisfluffy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:06 pm

Oh, the wiki tag points to wikipedia, not Higherspace Wiki. http://hi.gher.space/wiki/Facet_layout
Catisfluffy
Mononian

Return to CRF Polytopes