Mysterious Signs

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

I have had a similiar occurence to one or more of these instances.

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes : 4

Mysterious Signs

Postby arcaneidea » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:53 am

So first of all I have been reading posts on this forum off and on for awhile now and am really intrigued by all the different opinions that are presented to a single question. I decided to join today and ask some questions of my own. One day before I had a traumatic experience with shrooms, I was about to leave my car when I looked at the clock and it said 3:33. I stared at it for a long time for no apparent reason and eventually went inside thinking nothing of it. I ended up in the hospital that night because of a bad trip where I wondered outside by myself and don't remember much else. Was this a sign from a higher intelligence? I always figured that a higher being would communicate to us through numbers or symbols if it did. I told my friend about the number 3:33 and he was surprised and said it was a sign of god to contradict 666. I went further to research this number in the bible and find that John 3:33 states " The man who has accepted it has certified that God is truthful." This incidence in particular peaks my curiosity.

Also, I have drawn five pointed stars ever since I was a small child and circled them. After researching pentagrams, I have found they have a very religious background and can be identified with many things ranging from the human body to the solar system. I have recently been drawn to the mayan end date prophecy and have been meticulously researching the winter solstice of 2012. While trying to sort fact (if there is such a thing) from fiction is hard, I believe the best source is your instinct. Does anyone see a correlation between these events? Maybe someone could offer an explanation for one or more of these things? Thanks.
"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure"-Albus Dumbledore
arcaneidea
Mononian

Postby PWrong » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:58 am

I decided to join today and ask some questions of my own.
Welcome to the forum.

I was about to leave my car when I looked at the clock and it said 3:33.

Nothing special about that. It happens every day :\. You won't always look at the clock at that particular time, but a lot of people will.

Was this a sign from a higher intelligence?

Try to look at the question backwards. Suppose there is a higher intelligence. Does that automatically imply that you will see a particular number on the clock, then end up in hospital? This kind of thing is called a prediction.

I went further to research this number in the bible and find that John 3:33 states " The man who has accepted it has certified that God is truthful." This incidence in particular peaks my curiosity.

Why? Have you accepted something and certified that God is truthful?

Does anyone see a correlation between these events?

No, sorry.

Maybe someone could offer an explanation for one or more of these things?

To be honest, I don't see anything to explain.
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby arcaneidea » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:29 am

Everyone has experiences that stick with them and it is these experiences that we can only hope to draw some kind of intelligence from. I guess it is up to the individuals personal beliefs what this intelligence is. I am implying that there is a higer intelligence of some sort and that it tries to communicate with us somehow. If we don't see eye to eye on that then I guess none of this would make sense. Thanks for your input though, it is nice to have two different opinions on a subject because when left to ourselves we tend to believe too much or too little. This is also implying that their is a correct amount to believe or disbelieve in; or a truth somewhere in their, but its all relative. I guess everything is relative. Let's all be relatives.
"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure"-Albus Dumbledore
arcaneidea
Mononian

Postby PWrong » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:06 pm

I am implying that there is a higer intelligence of some sort and that it tries to communicate with us somehow.

I understand that's what you think, but your experiences aren't evidence for a higher intelligence. It's just a bunch of stuff that happened. Can't you think of any way that could have happened without a higher intelligence? Btw, I couldn't find any religious reference to 333 on google.

for your input though, it is nice to have two different opinions on a subject

I agree with this. Especially when one person sees the other's point of view and changes his mind. Then we get closer to the truth.

This is also implying that their is a correct amount to believe or disbelieve in; or a truth somewhere in their, but its all relative. I guess everything is relative.

It's not really. Truth exists. If it didn't there'd be no purpose in thinking.
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby Nick » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:54 pm

If the clock had said 4:44, would you look up the quote in the Bible (looking through each book until you found something that remotely fit your experience) to see if it matches? Try that; look up 3:45, 4:44, 4:56, etc. My bet is in one of those books you'll find something that might somewhat match what your talking about; this is because the Bible is so vague, it can fit any description.

Also, you said you were high on shrooms? Maybe that's why you took a walk outside.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby papernuke » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:14 am

Whats a shroom?
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:18 am

Icon wrote:Whats a shroom?

I think its a type of mushroom that's an illegal drug. You eat it, and you get high.
postcount++;

Nick
Tetronian

Postby papernuke » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:43 am

Then wouldn't it be like daltura's post (or whatever his name wat)? Where he drank some alcloholic stuff and stared at the chair?
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian

Postby PWrong » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:03 am

Btw, I voted yes, because I have seen interesting numbers on the clock before. I don't think it's anything special though.

Then wouldn't it be like daltura's post (or whatever his name wat)? Where he drank some alcloholic stuff and stared at the chair?

I think that was LSD. It's a lot worse than alcohol. This isn't the same though, because he had the shrooms after seeing the clock and going to hospital.
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:50 pm

Why do all the druggys come to our forum and start spouting our their acid trips to us? It's so dumb... :angry:
postcount++;

Nick
Tetronian

Postby papernuke » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:14 am

Lol? What does that mean?
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian

Return to Where Should I Post This?