This moment and awe

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

This moment and awe

Postby Russ1953 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:49 am

I believe time is the crap of motion. I believe singularities are the 1st dimension. I believe electricity is one on the spectrums of the 2nd dimension. I believe that Pi is the truest representative of the 3rd dimension. I believe this dimention (the 3rd) is'nt the only 3rd dimention. I believe a black hole is the recycler of dark matter and gains mass to proliferate galazies in areas where there is no matter. I know, I've lived in the future, because this process of explaning everything is archaic. Where I lived before, our hearts were pure enough that all matter spoke to us its truth. Understanding was immediate upon initiation or contact. I would love to read other novice beliefs.
Russ1953
Dionian

Re: This moment and awe

Postby quickfur » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:49 am

I believe the universe is in the shape of a 24-cell. Anybody who tries to disprove that is out of date.
;)
quickfur
Pentonian

Postby houserichichi » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:59 am

I bought a DeLorean and grabbed the craziest haired scientist in hopes I could travel to the future as well but I just couldn't find a road where I was able to hit 88mph. Cursed bumpy roads.

I'm glad that pi is the truest form of the third dimension...it's got so many 3's in it.
houserichichi
Tetronian

Postby bo198214 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:19 am

Öhm doesnt it have the same amount of 8's in it?
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby houserichichi » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:11 pm

And 4's...maybe it's the 4th dimension too! That's the point I was hoping SOMEone would catch up on...clearly the answer to all our questions is pi.

We should write a book!
houserichichi
Tetronian

Postby bo198214 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:58 pm

*ggg*
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby quickfur » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:57 pm

houserichichi wrote:And 4's...maybe it's the 4th dimension too! That's the point I was hoping SOMEone would catch up on...clearly the answer to all our questions is pi.

We should write a book!

... and call it, the Tropic of Pi? :)
quickfur
Pentonian

Thanks for reading

Postby Russ1953 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm

I find it awesome this site has many a wonderful and creative minds. This is the best site ever! I truely expect many of you to rise to the creative needs our future will unfold. I would trust many of you to be leaders for R&D and innovating current tech.
Russ1953
Dionian

Postby Victoria » Fri May 11, 2007 5:02 pm

Russ1953 wrote:I believe time is the crap of motion.

:lol: Maybe it is.

Russ1953 wrote:I believe singularities are the 1st dimension.

With you there, wholeheartedly.

Russ1953 wrote:I believe electricity is one on the spectrums of the 2nd dimension.

Wow interesting thought, that makes a lot of sense to me.

Russ1953 wrote:
I believe that Pi is the truest representative of the 3rd dimension.

I absolutely agree.

Russ1953 wrote:I believe this dimention (the 3rd) is'nt the only 3rd dimention. I believe a black hole is the recycler of dark matter and gains mass to proliferate galazies in areas where there is no matter. I know, I've lived in the future, because this process of explaning everything is archaic. Where I lived before, our hearts were pure enough that all matter spoke to us its truth. Understanding was immediate upon initiation or contact. I would love to read other novice beliefs.

I love your philosophy, I'm kinda pantheistic myself; the universe is a vibrant and alive place in every dimension.

Sorry, couldn't think of much more but me too. :)
Victoria
Mononian

Postby Nick » Fri May 11, 2007 10:08 pm

Pi is the truest representation of curves. This is not limited to the 3rd dimension, hence the circle, the oval, the parabola, the hyperbola, and the wobbly thing I drew in 3rd grade with a red crayola crayon.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby Victoria » Sat May 12, 2007 6:19 am

Nick wrote:Pi is the truest representation of curves. This is not limited to the 3rd dimension, hence the circle, the oval, the parabola, the hyperbola, and the wobbly thing I drew in 3rd grade with a red crayola crayon.

Yeah but did you notice how everything naturally represented in the third dimension is curved? I think this is relevant. The xyz axis has main relevance only to man's own engineering of his environment. It doesn't represent 3d well enough if it did would we need a polar axis to fill in the gaps? or to multiply our xy values by complexities related to pi to propose a line through three dimensions?

My theory is that we have four dimensions here and not a one is represented independently of the other in any empirical sense hence geometry that isolates any one for m of dimensionality will be inherently inapplicable beyond a certain degree, every time, no exceptions. Pi (especially in terms of chords/sines) doesn't know these boundaries, and neither really, does Phi; and additionally I think Logs and indexes clearly have more isomorphy than integers and metrics, and they, too, are curves. A three sphere has four dimensions, which I think is a clue to how much time we waste evaluating and plotting the first dimension, it's a singularity in terms of pi, and I agree that we'd do well to treat it that way, especially in applied physics. JMHO
Victoria
Mononian

Postby Nick » Sat May 12, 2007 10:15 am

Victoria wrote:
Nick wrote:Pi is the truest representation of curves. This is not limited to the 3rd dimension, hence the circle, the oval, the parabola, the hyperbola, and the wobbly thing I drew in 3rd grade with a red crayola crayon.

Yeah but did you notice how everything naturally represented in the third dimension is curved?

Could you explain? I don't understand what you mean...
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby Victoria » Sat May 12, 2007 5:33 pm

Nick wrote:
Victoria wrote:

Yeah but did you notice how everything naturally represented in the third dimension is curved?

Could you explain? I don't understand what you mean...

Well I mean the natural world, it's all curved and rounded, there are not a lot of perpendicular corners to it, we kind of frame them into it but they really don't occur naturally. (unless they are poles)
Last edited by Victoria on Sat May 12, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victoria
Mononian

Postby Keiji » Sat May 12, 2007 5:34 pm

I think they wouldn't occur naturally in 2D either...
Keiji
Administrator

Postby Victoria » Sat May 12, 2007 5:40 pm

Keiji wrote:I think they wouldn't occur naturally in 2D either...

I'd agree with you there Keiji.
Victoria
Mononian

Postby headcircus » Mon May 14, 2007 4:42 am

quickfur wrote:I believe the universe is in the shape of a 24-cell. Anybody who tries to disprove that is out of date.
;)

I will one up you on this and say the the universe is an 11-cell. Otherwise I completely agree. :)
The avatar is an 11-cell (hendecachoron) (Computer model courtesy of Carlo Sequin, UC Berkeley, styled by Jaron Lanier)
headcircus
Mononian

Postby wendy » Mon May 14, 2007 7:24 am

At one stage, the shape of the universe was held to be a poincare dodecahedron, of which 120 cover the 4-sphere.

Much of the stuff about the universe being a finite shape relies to being able to see the same star from two different directions. It is pretty easy to rule out the simple repeating patterns, such as the tesseract, 24choron, octagonny, or 120choron, because the patterns of repeating are not seen in the present universe.

In practice, the universe very closely follows a zero-curvature for very large distances, so any apparent radius of curvature must likewise be very large.
The dream you dream alone is only a dream
the dream we dream together is reality.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Return to Where Should I Post This?