How would you enter the 4th dimension?

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

How would you enter the 4th dimension?

Postby gallego » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:47 pm

HI guys.
I'm new here. I'm not a mathematician or Stephen hawkin when it comes to physics. Anyways, I'm really interested in other dimensions and what would happen if one could cross from this 3d to 4d.

I read that 4th dimension is perpendicular to 3d. So one would have to walk perpendicular to the 3 dimensions in order to enter the 4th.

How would a human being look as a 4d entity?
Submit some pics if you have.
gallego
Nullonian

Postby Hugh » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:47 pm

Hi gallego, welcome to the forum.

There are many different ways that a fourth spatial dimension could actually exist, but we would be limited from experiencing it fully ourselves. String theory suggests that the higher dimensions are curled up and too small to see. If this is the case, then we are already at least 4d. Another theory is that we are confined to a 3d brane in higher dimensional space.

From what I've read, by bringing in the actual existence of higher dimensions, we are better able to explain all the forces of physics in a unified theory.
gallego wrote:How would a human being look as a 4d entity?

I think much like we do now.

Pat posted a topic about how a 5d (and 4d) human would look like in this thread: http://tetraspace.alkaline.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=296.
Hugh
Tetronian

Postby Keiji » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:55 pm

Moved to Q&A.
Keiji
Administrator

Postby papernuke » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:55 am

you cant , you cant go into the fourth dimension unless a fourth dimensional being pushed or pulled you there, and about the pics, you cant even show a direction perpindicular on a 2d surface (the computer screen) let alone a direction perpinducular to the left and right directions.
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian

Postby itzclay » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:51 am

You are ALREADY in that dimension. You exist in all dimensions. It is only your perception that reduces you to a 3d world.

In order to "see" 4D, then you would need a change in perspective.

For example, science and quantum physics has shown that electrons are not really particals. Instead, they are waves of possibilities, and when viewed they are reduced to a single particle. But it only does this in the presence of DNA. This is known as the observer effect.

As such, the other dimensions are already going on around you, you just aren't aware of them.

As odd as it may sound, the universe would seem chaotic without it. Instead of you seeing just 1 keyboard you are typing with, you would instead see a keyboard in every possible place it could be. Along with everything else in the room/universe etc. On a 4d level, it would be less, but the higher in dimensions you went, the more places that object would be, until you reached the highest dimension in which it would be everywhere. But the wierdness here is that if the universe is infinite, then you would actually just keep on filling in new areas with that same bit.

In effect, you would be able to see inside 3d objects because those particals would be everywhere. Much like the 3d object can see into the 2d safe in flatland. Although near impossible for us to imagine, much like it was for the 2d flatland people.

But your DNA and the observer effect turns that chaos into what you see. It provides a logical path and turns everything into a singularity.

I personally view the black hole at the center of the galaxy as 1 very huge EYE. As it turns everything into a singularity. And when you think about it, that is also what the eye does. Turns those waves of probability into a single particle.

The coolness comes if you can dip into the 4th dimension perception and then come back to 3d reality. And then you can do things like teleport objects(as you will see all the possibilites, and pick the one in front of you rather than the one across the room), telepathy, as you will be able to choose the brain waves of the person across from you, rather than your own and so on.

But then again, maybe you don't need to really see the other possibility, just know it's there to make it work. ;)
itzclay
Mononian

Return to Where Should I Post This?