image confusion

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

image confusion

Postby batmanmg » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:07 pm

are this

and this

the same shape (cubinder I believe) from different angles or rotation?

or is the second one made of 4 cubinders connected like lines to a square?

another question that i think i already know the answer to but just to make sure...
a line segment is to a circle what a cylinder is to a duocylinder? you get a sphere from a polygon with infinite sides/line-segments. you get a douprism from a prismic sides/cylinder with infinent cylinders.
Last edited by batmanmg on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
too many people have self replicating sigs. Don't copy this.
batmanmg
Trionian

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:08 pm

What shape is it supposed to be?
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby batmanmg » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:19 pm

i edited the whole thing cuz I i didn't want a multipost. the first i know is an image of a cubinder,,, but i don't know if thats what the second one is too.

heres the page i got them from http://eusebeia.dyndns.org/4d/priscyl.html
too many people have self replicating sigs. Don't copy this.
batmanmg
Trionian

Postby PWrong » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:26 pm

Yes, they are both the cubinder. Cubinder is square x circle, and contains four cylinders as cells. You can see the squares and the circles, and the four cylinders in both pictures.

another question that i think i already know the answer to but just to make sure...
a line segment is to a circle what a cylinder is to a duocylinder? you get a sphere from a polygon with infinite sides/line-segments. you get a douprism from a prismic cylinder with infinent cylinders.

You're not being very precise here. A duocylinder is a rotated cylinder, but a circle is a rotated point. A polygon with infinite sides is a circle. I'm not sure about the duoprism statement. I know that the duocylinder can be expressed as the limit of duoprisms, but I can't remember how that works exactly.
PWrong
Pentonian

Return to Where Should I Post This?