2d things eating

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

2d things eating

Postby papernuke » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:55 pm

If a 2d thing eats and has a digestive system like us, then wouldn't the digestive system slice the being apart because it goes through it?
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:13 am

Assuming they have a digestive track like us, then yes, they would be sliced in half.

There are two other ways, however, that a 2d being could eat:

1. The same orifice that is used for a mouth could be used for the anus as well.

2. The "Zipper" Method: When the mouth is open, the anus is shut, and vice versa.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Re: 2d things eating

Postby Hugh » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:23 am

Icon wrote:If a 2d thing eats and has a digestive system like us, then wouldn't the digestive system slice the being apart because it goes through it?

If one looks at our own bodies at a sub-atomic scale, there are huge spaces in between the matter components that make us up, yet we are still a connected whole.

Perhaps it is similar for a 2d being. There may be spaces in between its component sub-atomic parts, yet it is still not "sliced" in half by a digestive system. It may still be a connected whole. It may also be more of a miniature scale assimilation process.
Hugh
Tetronian

Re: 2d things eating

Postby houserichichi » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:28 am

Hugh wrote:If one looks at our own bodies at a sub-atomic scale, there are huge spaces in between the matter components that makes us up, yet we are still a connected whole.

If you consider 'connected' in the mathematical sense of the word then no we're not - we're discretely packed at the subatomic scale and those finite packets are bound together through physical laws...on a grand scale, however, we certainly appear to be one continuous piece of skin enclosing our inards.

I like the zipper method of eating - I'd never considered that. I'm certainly glad that doesn't happen to us because I think I sleep with my mouth closed!
houserichichi
Tetronian

Postby Hugh » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:54 am

Hey, I just found a thread on this forum already discussing 2d being digestion at: http://www.tetraspace.alkaline.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56&sid=8a34459c4b0d798bfe1f8497c0ec6b05 called "Fred's problems". Lots of ideas in there too.
Hugh
Tetronian

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:22 am

Hugh wrote:Hey, I just found a thread on this forum already discussing 2d being digestion at: http://www.tetraspace.alkaline.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56&sid=8a34459c4b0d798bfe1f8497c0ec6b05 called "Fred's problems". Lots of ideas in there too.

Lockage!
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Return to Where Should I Post This?