Did I see four dimensions?

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

Postby Nick » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:52 am

bo198214 wrote:And what a proposition is "seeing multiple pictures is not perpendicular"? *lol*

It's a simple proposition. He claims to have seen every angle of the outside and inside and inside of a chair at once. That's not what it means to see something perpendicularly; perpendicularly is seeing every point of the outside and inside of the chair from a single angle; the perpendicular angle.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby bo198214 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:04 am

Take a simple example. Consider a cube of pixels. It exactly contains the image of a certain 3d scene. The cube can be sliced into pictures. So it is a series of pictures at once that shows inside and outside of 3d scene. Now on the other hand the cube is the pendent to a tetronians eye. Each tetronians eye perceive the projection of a 4d scene. So the seeing of the tetronian can be regarded as seeing a series of pictures at once. By your "proposition" this would not be possible.
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby PWrong » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:53 am

It's true that if you see an object from 4D, you can see every part of the object at once. However, just because you can see every part of the object, doesn't mean you're seeing 4D.

Maybe you have X-ray vision, or the chair is made of glass and there are mirrors around the chair. Maybe the chair is spinning and turning inside out, so fast that you can see everything at once.
PWrong
Pentonian

Previous

Return to Where Should I Post This?