re: 4-dimensional objects

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

re: 4-dimensional objects

Postby justa3Dman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:50 am

Have 4D objects ever been observed? I mean, aside from mathematical predictions, how do we know a 4th dimension even exists? Much like a finger dipping through Flatland, has a 4D object ever been observed to have "dipped" into our "plane"?
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. (Psalm 19:1)
justa3Dman
Mononian

Postby moonlord » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:56 pm

As far as I know, all we do here is purely hypothetical. No experience related to the subject has (I think) been observed yet. Who knows afterall?
moonlord
Tetronian

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:43 pm

Well, technically we could "dip" our finger in flatland, but has anyone ever done it? No. We don't even know if a two-dimensionally world even exists, the only reason we talk about it is because our three-dimensional world is made up of it.

In short, moonlord is right. Everything we discuss is purely hypothetical.
Nick
Tetronian

Postby justa3Dman » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:09 am

Oh poop.

There was a short-lived series on CBS that showed what was believed to be a 4D alien vessel or something, since it appeared to fold in on itself. I was kind of hoping that someone some time had discovered something along those lines.

Is it possible to propel a human into the fourth dimension? If so, would it cause that person harm?
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. (Psalm 19:1)
justa3Dman
Mononian

Postby moonlord » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:42 pm

As far as i can see, that one would not be able to interact with the other superior-dimensional entities. There is another (quite recent) thread on this issue.
moonlord
Tetronian

Postby justa3Dman » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:07 pm

Interesting. Thanks.
justa3Dman
Mononian

Postby papernuke » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:26 am

No, its mostly scientists saying that it looks like that , and if it did happen, practically everyone would know already unless its in places where there is nothing.
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian

Return to Where Should I Post This?