Science Requires Mathematics

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

Postby wendy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:23 am

iso is the third grade of equality, after homo (alike), and equi (equal in measure). iso is (equal in instance).

longsight here refers to four visions from deep infinity, numbered IV, V, VI and VII. It took me nearly a month to figure out what VI and V really mean. VII still has a number of implications beyond belief.

still don't understand your 'planck' thing.

W
The dream you dream alone is only a dream
the dream we dream together is reality.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Postby thigle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:03 am

ok let's forget the planck thing. i'll get back to it get when i'll find the reference, maybe i am making it hardly understandable by my phrasing.

four visions from deep infinity ? who had them or made them ? i googled for it and had no results. what are some of the implications of VII that are beyond (your?) belief ? :shock:
thigle
Tetronian

Postby wendy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:46 am

the longsight visions were mine, from about six weeks ago, i think. you won't find a lot of them on the internet, because i have not got around to doing anything on them.

longsight iv is the horizon as a complete thing.

longsight v is looking back, and seeing points as relatively large objects.

longsight vi is as one starts to approach the horizon.

longsight vii is total blackness.

All of these have been interpreted in terms of geometry.

longsight iv is the horizon geometry designated hH2, variously also designated as I2 and the hypereuclidean.

longsight v refers to a geometry where the point approach is E2.

longsight vi refers to the approaches to a horizon-sphere.

longsight vii refers to a scale where things diverge so rapidly that one can not resolve adjacent points.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Postby thigle » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:50 am

my curiosity flowers. can i ask more ? if so, these i don't see clearly, or at all:

_why 'longsight' ?
_why it starts with iv ? what were iii ii and i ?
_does it end at vii, or you can reemerge the other way around ? or are visions endless ? ever heard of black light ?
_"...where the point approach is E2." what is 'ppint approch' and how can it be E2 ?
_horizon-sphere is another name for horocycle ?
_longsight vii: it means that you zoomed into scale where distance between 2 points of a (dis)continuum is more than the entire span of field-of-view angulum ?
thigle
Tetronian

Postby wendy » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:14 am

it is longsight because that was the name of the project to probe deep infinity (in terms of looking for factors). The name refers to a railway workshop in manchester.

i don't know why it starts with iv. it seemed a good idea at the time.

i don't know if it goes past vii. vii is as far as i saw it.

point-approach is the space near a point. it usually is spherical.

horizon-sphere is a particular instance of a horosphere. One where the centre is in real space.

longsight vii is of such vast negative curvature i can not begin to understand it.

wendy
Pentonian

Previous

Return to Where Should I Post This?