new to tetraspace

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

new to tetraspace

Postby iosokin » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:19 am

I am new to Tetraspace and to these concepts. I am an artist and don't have the training or experience to see things in the way which is being taught.
I have read nearly the entire website and find that it is excellently done yet I can not conceptualize the the shift from 3rd dimension to 4th dimension.
My question is:
Is this normal?
Is it possible to learn how to conceptualize these theories? What can i do to further this process?
Has there been one mode of instruction that has worked more than others?

I appreciate any responses

iosokin
iosokin
Nullonian

Postby wendy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:46 am

What the eye sees, in 3d or 4d, is pretty much a learnt thing. That is, we select things from what we know to make patterns of the light that dances before us. This is why people who were blind can not interpret in the way we do.

Unlike 3d, there is no way of going out and feeling what is there to be seen. You have to draw the object and the picture, to make some sense.

One, could for example, look at the "Hyper" sequence of pages at my web page http://www.geocities.com/os2fan2/gloss/index.html . This deals with the idea of starting with tools to visualise 4d, by considering the 3d/4d relation in the same light as 2d/3d.

Some people think that time is the fourth dimension. Although popularised by Einstein's relativity and the Lorentzian / Minkowski geometries, this has little to do with the 4d that we find glomes and tesseracts in. This is also explained in the sequence of pages.

W
The dream you dream alone is only a dream
the dream we dream together is reality.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Return to Where Should I Post This?