"cube^2(hypercube)" animation sequence identificat

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

"cube^2(hypercube)" animation sequence identificat

Postby thigle » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:47 am

in the movie "cube^2:hypercube", there are 2 sequences of animations, which are of interest to explorer hyperspace.

first is when a floating square appears, then rotates around its two diagonals, becomes octahedron, and then the fun starts: it unfolds into a projection of some hyperdimensional object which i cannot identify...

second is just before the end of the movie, and this one is way too beyond my understanding, it also entails changing curvature, and a projection of hypercube... it's one of the most impressive pieces of multidimensional projections i ever came across.

can anyone identify/understand these from the visual sequences of the film? or is there a script to get which was used as storyboard by the animators of this movie? i cannot find the special effects studios that made these.

t
thigle
Tetronian

Postby moonlord » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:25 pm

great movie. i've got the same questions, though.
moonlord
Tetronian

Postby TeamFarrell » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:12 am

Okay, this is my first post here but I think I may be able to shed some light on this. I had a similar question and come across what I believe to be a suitable answer.

Those two things are Hypercubes, but they're different than the traditional diagram of a tesseract. The movie is attempting to show a 4-D shape on a 2-D surface and because of that they had the shape collapsing in upon itself and changing shapes and transforming etc.

When I was looking up some information on a Hypercube I came across a Java animation that showed what it dubbed a "true hypercube". It showed more than jsut what can be seen in the traditional tesseract picture but collapsing the image in upon itself and reforming into other various shapes. This was aparently to show you all of the hypercube as opposed to what you can see looking at the 2-D tesseract.

I think that's it. The only other possible thing I can think of is that what was at the end of the movie was trying to suggest that the cube was destroying itself by having it go completely out of control like what it was.

On a side note: Amazing movie, amazing trilogy but alas the worst of the three.
-Kevin
TeamFarrell
Nullonian

Return to Where Should I Post This?