Fred should not see anything

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

Postby lordofduct » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:10 am

so then couldn't you agree that if a collision, or combination, or even coexistence occured that possibly some receptor could exist as well to measure the level of collision/combo/coexist and then send the information gained from that measurement to the brain to paint a picture of what is going on around the entity if that entity could exist as well.

And to expand on those to lines I described algebraically... how about this one.

A curve y=x^2 restricted by the lines x=0 and x=5 would give you a graph of two vertical lines and a parabolla that collides at points (0,0) and (5,25).
Last edited by lordofduct on Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
I love it when people jump into the realm of philosophy or theory and then denote things because it sounds unbelievable to them.

Science requires faith.
lordofduct
Dionian

Postby Hugh » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:16 am

so then couldn't you agree that if a collision, or combination, or even coexistence occured that possibly some receptor could exist as well to measure the level of collision/combo/coexist and then send the information gained from that measurement to the brain to paint a picture of what is going on around the entity if that entity could exist as well.

Wow, you're good. But, it wouldn't be in the form of a thick line of vision right? :)
Hugh
Tetronian

Postby lordofduct » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:20 am

no

it would be upto the brain on how to display the information to itself

kind of like a dolphin looking at an image made from it's sonar. It's hard to perceive as we have never actually seen it...

the thing is the display is not dependant on the world around it... it is only dependant on what it can comprehend. Such as take hearing; when we listen and interpret the information (change in wave lengths of vibration in the air) the ear drum receives we don't see different wave lengths in our brain. We hear noises. That is the great thing about the mind (and yet restrictive... for good reason, so not to create an overload on information) the mind can paint elaborate images totally different to what it actually is receiving.

This is why we could exist in 4space and just not be able to see it as we can not comprehend.
Last edited by lordofduct on Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love it when people jump into the realm of philosophy or theory and then denote things because it sounds unbelievable to them.

Science requires faith.
lordofduct
Dionian

Postby Hugh » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:28 am

no

it would be upto the brain on how to display the information to itself

kind of like a dolphin looking at an image made from it's sonar. It's hard to perceive as we have never actually seen it...

Okay. I agree with that. :)

the thing is the display is not dependant on the world around it... it is only dependant on what it can comprehend. This is why we could exist in 4space and just not be able to see it as we can not comprehend.

Ah, have you checked out my VRI thread? Any thoughts?
Hugh
Tetronian

Postby lordofduct » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:31 am

can you link me?

Science requires faith.
lordofduct
Dionian

Postby Hugh » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:34 am

It's in the theory section under Visual Reorientation Illusions, you can reply about them there.
Hugh
Tetronian

Previous

Return to Where Should I Post This?