Somewhat rarer viewpoint

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

Somewhat rarer viewpoint

Postby perideouz » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:33 pm

This is my first posting here. I now can see it is possible to see different levels of a dimension in relation to differing states yet I'm more comfortable with somewhat of the norm.
I understand the first dimension as a consciousness (a non-mesured point existing)
The second the consciousness within an area the conciousness is concious of. I heard it was simplified the concious mesure of movement
The third physical matter
My anchor to these three are A- God existed, B- He created a boundry of the universe, C- He created something within the boundry. From there on My anchor isn't so effective other than man being concious of something.
The fouth (more commonly concured) time.
A simple description I once heard was time was more the measurement to anything or the unit of recording a piece of matter's movement, and everything has some form of movement - The earth spins therefore everything on it spins with it, The universe being similar. Yet it requires a conciousness to record it.
My reason for being on this site though is the 5th and 6th dimension
I heard one was normal television and the other cartoon like television, One (television) requiring matter somewhat stored in time travelling through time and the other (cartoons) not having a material matter (more 3d matter) yet being time stored travelling through time.
I put myself to contemplate how many dimensions I could validate and reached 19 and decided that too much knowledge is too much power and I won't ponder them.
Yet has anyone heard of this therory regarding 5th and 6th dimension as I understand them and if so which are they?

Edit by iNVERTED: Don't abuse ampersands.
(Split from "It's all wrong... ALL OF IT..."; irrelevant post.)
perideouz
Nullonian

Postby jinydu » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:13 am

perideouz, your (apparent) definition of "dimension" is totally incompatible with the definition used in alkaline's website, which is the definition used in this board. I suggest you go to tetraspace.alkaline.org and read up on that.

Suffice to say, "dimensions" have nothing to do with consciousness and everything to do with the number of mutually perpendicular directions.
jinydu
Tetronian

Postby thigle » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:32 pm

just that, there is no definition of 'dimension' in alkaline's glossary.
suffice NOT to say: '..."dimensions" have nothing to do with consciousness and everything..."

just be aware of depth of the concept of dimension in geometry (and much could be said on controversy and unclearness of this concept, just take Poincare for ex., also Rosen's Science, Paradox and the Mobius Principle covers dimensionality issues quite well, or Charles Muses...), PLUS mind-boggling inability of whichever west-world science to explain consciousness yet to date. both point to inadequacy of 'suffice-to-say...' approaches.

,') just being picky.
thigle
Tetronian

Postby pat » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:41 pm

From the website's Introduction page
A definition of the fourth dimension could go like this: The fourth dimension is all space that one can get to by travelling in a direction perpendicular to three-dimensional space.

*shrug*
pat
Tetronian

Postby thigle » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:06 pm

that's clear pat. but hey come on ! definition of '4th dimension' is just that: a definition of the 4th dimension. it presupposes 'dimension' as such. definition of 'blue water' and definition of 'water' are in same relationship.
like saying that definition of 'prime number' or 'complex number' or 'whatever-kind-of number' explains 'number'.

even if you look at wolfram's definition of dimension, the first sentence starts: '...dimension of an object is...' roots of spatiality man, wanna touch those, not just chewing on leafs...
point was that rather than picking up on inconsistencies and throwing inappropriate definitions, it might be better to look for structural-coupling in knowledge-fields and ex-plain...

btw, what does *shrug* mean ? just didn't found it in my dictionary. thanx :oops:
thigle
Tetronian

Postby Keiji » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:30 am

thigle wrote:what does *shrug* mean ? just didn't found it in my dictionary. thanx :oops:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=shrug
Keiji
Administrator

Postby beehive » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:28 pm

I am a stupid spammer, and proud of it :D
beehive
Nullonian

Return to Where Should I Post This?