Spirit Science: Geometry Unraveled

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

Spirit Science: Geometry Unraveled

Postby ubersketch » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHuvW7YaGjQ
This video makes me cringe many times.
Not everything can come out of this flower of life thing. Square tilings, hyperbolic geometry and most likely many other corners of math.
When the narrator said that people cannot learn much unless they draw the shape, I tried and I learned basically nothing other than "this doesn't work."
The reason why this image is everywhere is because it is very beautiful and nothing more. Also why would this image be 2D if it was really spiritual? That just seems very anthropocentric and counterintuitive, and I also noticed that this "spirit" makes a sphere which also seems anthropocentric. Then there the mention of male and female, which might be anthropocentric or just a general duo. It seems kinda sketchy that nobody ever mentioned the Kepler-Poinsot Solids which are pretty important as they are the only regular star, and in extension, non-convex polyhedra in the 3rd dimension. And then the elemental aspects of the solids. You would expect the tetrahedron to be Aether right? It is a self-dual and is quite distinct from the rest, much like Aether compared to the others. Then we have the other solids. The dual of the cube is the octahedron and the dodecahedron is the dual of the icosahedron which should be common knowledge here, but their elements are not opposite which perplexes me even more. In general this YouTube video seems really sketchy and innaccurate.
ubersketch
Trionian

Re: Spirit Science: Geometry Unraveled

Postby Klitzing » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:17 pm

Well :roll: , you must understand:

The 5 Platonic solids where already known at the time of the old egypts.
But at that time not even Pythagoras nor Euklid had been born.
Thus the true mathematical knowledge was rather low then. More some phenomenologics.
Just enough to do some measurements and some commerce.
(You even find that pi was given then as 22/7.)

OTOH you find a lot of references from those "rainbow-press mathematicians" towards the
knowledges of the old egypts. In fact they feel directly influenced by them.

I think, this says it all, ain't it? :D

--- rk
Klitzing
Pentonian

Postby Mercurial, the Spectre » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:23 am

Interestingly, it is all about hexagonal symmetry and some fancy high-order symmetry built into pseudoscience.

I guess they have to know the concept of large-scale entropy to really define the structure of the universe and its objects...

Remember, Plato lived in a time before scientific facts about the heavens were discovered.
Mercurial, the Spectre
Trionian

Postby ubersketch » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Mercurial, the Spectre wrote:Interestingly, it is all about hexagonal symmetry and some fancy high-order symmetry built into pseudoscience.

I guess they have to know the concept of large-scale entropy to really define the structure of the universe and its objects...

Remember, Plato lived in a time before scientific facts about the heavens were discovered.

Yeah, he didn't even know all of the regular solids.
gwa
discord is spiritbackup#1797
ubersketch
Trionian

Return to Where Should I Post This?