Hi from a new member.

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

Hi from a new member.

Postby foursquare » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:05 pm

Hello, I have just joined the forum, so I will just do a short introduction. I first learned about four dimensional geometry from a children's science fiction book, though I can't remember the title or the author, although I think it was a female. There was a mention in it of tesseracts. A little later I borrowed Cundy and Rollett's book from the library, and started constructing the platonic solids from there instructions. I later bought the book, completing the platonics, and also the first three of the Kepler-Poinsot set. More recently I found Magnus Wenninger's marvelous books, which inspired me to a further spell of construction. I did write a program for the Sinclair Spectrum to display 3D images of the 4D Simplex and Tesseract intending to rotate them. That didn't workas I didn't understand 4D rotation then. Now, having browsed several of the websites available on higher dimensional geometries, I think I have a better understanding. This has gone on a lot longer than I expected but I hope to learn and contribute.
foursquare
Mononian

Return to Where Should I Post This?