the real 4th dimension

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

the real 4th dimension

Postby tezza98 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:49 am

call me crazy or anything that you like, but i am in the belief that the 4th dimension is without time, and when people "wake up" they see their soul. what if you see past the soul. then you would actually be in the 4th dimension, wouldnt that be wird. i am dead serios about his, it is not a joke and i would like some feedback about this topisc as i know what is beyond.
tezza98
Mononian

Postby BClaw » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:19 am

I am very strongly of the opinion that whatever the fourth dimension may be, it isn't time. It's a physical dimension, at right angles to our present reality, to be sure, perhaps even tightly coiled up so that we cannot easily detect it, but still physical. I also am attracted to the idea of time *moving* through a fourth dimension, so that a bouncing ball would actually be a twisty sort of four-dimensional tube, with it's past and future both readily viewable. However, even if this were the case (and I very seriously doubt it is), time is still separate from the fourth dimension. To me, it would be like saying that a hill *is* time because a ball rolls down it. Instead, I say that time exists apart from the hill, and our skewed and incomplete view of the actual universe can make it seem that time is the fourth dimension, when the fourth dimension, like the hill, is merely coincident geometry.
BClaw
Dionian

Postby Keiji » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:36 pm

Like I said in the other topic, this board does not deal with a fourth time dimension.
Keiji
Administrator

Postby Watters » Wed May 05, 2004 11:07 pm

sure it does.......... but i think you are getting ahead of your self......time is a 4th dimension no matter what. Now it isn't a 4th spacial dimention for obvious reasons. So if some one in this web site is talking about the 4th dimension i think we assume he is talking about a 4th (theroretical) spacial dimension and not the accepted time dimension
Watters
Dionian

Postby Keiji » Thu May 06, 2004 4:03 pm

Thanks a bunch for reviving this useless topic. Now it must be locked.
Keiji
Administrator

Return to Where Should I Post This?