messing with gravity

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

messing with gravity

Postby elpenmaster » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:37 am

i was reading today about the theory that says that gravity is caused by gravitons being exchanged between matter and that gravity is the weakest force because gravitons can go into the fourth dimension, so there is far less gravitons that the two particles can exchange because most of the gravitons escape into the fourth dimension, so the
gravity force between them is far less. :o

i was thinking that we could somehow confine the gravitons to our three dimensions, so increasing the gravity between two object. for example, if you wanted to lift an object:

1. you place an object that is heavier than the object that you want to lift above the object that you want to lift
2. you confine the gravitons that are travelling from the bottom object to the top object to 3 dimensions and the same for the gravitons travelling from the top object to the bottom object
3. for gravitons travelling from one of the two objects to some erroneous object, make sure that the gravitons can go in four dimensions
4. make sure that the top object will stay in place

if you can somehow accomplish all of these things, you could have the bottom object move up to the top object. we could use this method to move the bottom object
perhaps the egyptians used it to build the pyramids :P
is it possible to confine gravitons to 3 dimensions? maybe by putting graviton mirrors just upsilon and delta from our realm?
what would a graviton mirror be? a white hole?
:roll: :?
elpenmaster
Trionian

Postby Keiji » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:05 pm

Gravity is just attraction between matter. The reason things don't float up to your ceiling from attraction is because the heavier the object the more force it makes.
Keiji
Administrator

Postby elpenmaster » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:24 am

but the point was, if we could confine the gravitons that were going between the two object to our dimensions, then the gravitational forc between them would be much stronger than most other gravitational forces around, because the grvitational forces between the other objects would be escaping into the fourth dimension.
gravitational force depends on gravitons exchanged. usually heAVIER OBJECTS EXCHANGE MORE GRAVITONS, BUT IF YOU COULD CONFINE SPECIFIFC GRAAVITONS TO THE THIRD DIMENSION, IT WOULD INCREASE THE GRAVITATIONAL FORCE BETWEEN THE SPECIFIC OBJECT
:) 8)
elpenmaster
Trionian

Postby Keiji » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:19 am

Gravitons do not exist. Gravity is a law of physics that states that objects are attracted to each other; gravity is not a physical object. Since gravitons do not exist, they cannot "escape" into other dimensions.
Keiji
Administrator

Postby Geosphere » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:39 pm

Elpen, where did you read this?
Geosphere
Trionian

Postby elpenmaster » Sun May 09, 2004 4:57 am

i read about that theory in the March 2004 issue of Popular Science magazine
the article is called "Journey to the 10th Dimension"

a funny observation:
a while back, i was arguing that gravity is not gravitons. everybody else said that it was
now i am convinced and i say that gravity is gravitons, and everybody says that it aint

just wondering :D
elpenmaster
Trionian

Postby Euclid » Mon May 17, 2004 3:37 am

elpenmaster wrote:i read about that theory in the March 2004 issue of Popular Science magazine
the article is called "Journey to the 10th Dimension"

a funny observation:
a while back, i was arguing that gravity is not gravitons. everybody else said that it was
now i am convinced and i say that gravity is gravitons, and everybody says that it aint just wondering :D

Let's see...you can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but not...I digress, the real question here is where is Maria Spiropulu in her research? Are we still waiting on the large hadron collider?
Euclid
Dionian

Return to Where Should I Post This?