Hey all! Im new here :)

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

Hey all! Im new here :)

Postby 4Dman » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:49 am

Hi all, I am so interested in the 4th D, I love this site

SOO COOL!!!! LOVE IT!!! w00t!!!

are there any time dimensions? or is it all visual?
4Dman
Nullonian

Postby elpenmaster » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:25 am

time dimensions exist, but they are not always refered to as "dimensions"
we experience 1 time dimension normally: an object can move from point a to point b, only if it utilizes a time dimension
but take quantum phsics, which says that until observed, a particle is at all possible locations at once. this particle, at one point in our normal time, will be in points a-1, a-2, a-3, a-4, . . .all the way to a-n, n being the number of places that the particle can be
a particle can also move in the second time dimension without using the first: point a-2 might actually be the same as point b, so if the particle moved from point a-1 to point a-2 (by travelling sideways in time), it would be the same as travelling from point a to b, using our conventional time dimension
but the question of whether to refer to these as dimensions is not decided, although most people do not refer to them as dimensions
:D
elpenmaster
Trionian

Welcome!

Postby BClaw » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:29 am

BClaw welcomes 4Dman :D , and simultaneously tries to ensnare elpenmaster with a wad of quantum space-time foam. :twisted:
BClaw
Dionian

Postby Keiji » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:29 pm

No, time dimensions do not exist, as neither can they be negative, nor can you move through them (except by time dilation, and even then, you can only go into the future).

*welcomes 4Dman*
*moves to general*
Keiji
Administrator

Return to Where Should I Post This?