Teleportation!

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

Teleportation!

Postby Breserk » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:51 pm

Yes, I know teleportation does not exist, but if someone could transfer himself from realmspace to tetraspace (is this the right word?) he could basically walk anywhere and see anything, so if a person could do that, he could essentially teleport! :D
Thoughts?
Breserk
Mononian

Postby sup2069 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:26 am

Went back to a previous thread and dug this up. Pretty interesting by alkaline

if realmspace isn't bent, going into tetraspace doesn't get you anywhere faster, although it would allow you to hide. Imagine planespace - if it's flat, and something is going a certain speed and jumps into realmspace, they'll still be making the same relative progress as something going the same speed that's still within planespace.

I imagine that before any humans make hyperspace jumps, the jump system would have to be tested many times with inanimate objects in many places to map the topology of realmspace within tetraspace (ie to find the places where realmspace is actually curved, so that a jump into tetraspace would actually benefit you). You could either assume that the theory about space being curved around gravity wells is true, or that the curvature of realmspace in tetraspace is arbitrary. You could decide to have realmspace ripple-folded like some others were talking about earlier - then as you were travelling perpendicular to realmspace, you'd keep intersecting realmspace in points that were very great distances from each other.

I think that if you were travelling along in realmspace and jumped into tetraspace, you'd have your original realmic momentum. Thus, you would have to be travelling pretty fast when you did your jump so that you would keep travelling within tetraspace in order to intersect with realmspace again. Maybe if you exited realmspace on the wrong part of the curve you would shoot into tetraspace never to intersect with realmspace again.

In order to maneuver in tetraspace you would need tetronian devices to do so. A trionian being couldn't construct such a thing themselves, they would need help from tetronians. Trionians simply don't have the ability to move themselves in the extra direction.

Exiting realmspace would probably require an enormous amount of energy. I have no idea what the devices would look like to accomplish this, so you could use your imagination. Maybe the exit from realmspace would look like a giant explosion, release of light, or some other dramatic energy release. Entrance back into realmspace would probably undramatic affair - the ship may just reappear in realmspace.

As far as what trionians would see in tetraspace - if they were in space (and not near a tetronian planetary body), they would see a lot of black expanse, maybe a couple points of light in all of space. Imagine a bionian having a linear view of realmspace - there on any particular line, there are few visible stars that actually would lie on the given line. Within planespace, the bionian has all of the stars confined to his field of view, but not so in realmspace. It would be the same for us in tetraspace - we aren't lucky enough to have the tetronian stars confined to a single realm. But then, that assumes that the tetraspace around us is a "normal" tetronian universe (as in, a universe analogous to our own, with stars and planets and other such things).

EDIT: http://tetraspace.alkaline.org/forum/vi ... 47&start=0
sup2069
Dionian

Re: Teleportation!

Postby Aale de Winkel » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:35 am

Breserk wrote:Yes, I know teleportation does not exist, but if someone could transfer himself from realmspace to tetraspace (is this the right word?) he could basically walk anywhere and see anything, so if a person could do that, he could essentially teleport! :D
Thoughts?

"Teleportation" as the word is used in sci-fi series like Star-Trek is the transference from matter into energy (which is transported with the speed of light (I assume)) followed by the transference from that energy back into matter. In theory possible though not yet(?) accomplished. Teleportation so is entirely a realmspace excercise. Movement through tetraspace, is simply travel and indeed unless realmspace is bent nothing is gained, other then that the path of travel is hidden from fellow trionians.

If "teleportation" could be achieved also "replicators" are feasible, since this would be transference for energy to matter and energy is everywhere, one simply needs to force that into the shape of the stuff one wants to replicate.

So though taking the word "teleportation" (far bringing(?)) literally tetra-travel would be a form of teleportation, this howeve is somewhat outside the regular use of the word. :lol:
Aale de Winkel
Trionian

Postby Watters » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:28 pm

LOL..... for alot of theoretical science buffs you guys realy don't keep up on the times. They have alrdy figured out how to transfer particasl they did it like 4 months ago. grated it was one atom but still.....it would be alot harder to tele[port humans for obvious reasons, Organ placment and the brain rebuilding (memories).....not sure waht else to say. i guess i have made my point. Coments statments concerns welcome
Watters
Dionian

Postby Aale de Winkel » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:28 am

Yes I know, I'm not up to specs with a lot of recent developments, all your guys speak of string theory like it is poored into you with your mothers milk :lol: , some 20/25 years back it was still at its early stages.

From teleportation of an atom till teleporting some apple is a long way to go, and when the teleported apple is still a tasty fruit, there is still a long way to go to ensure a person not to end up as "the Fly" did. Mishaps that created "Tuvok" of course not concidering :lol: .

Currently concentrating on keeping up to date with programming issues, so the scientific theoretical / practical achievements skip my attention once in a while. :twisted:
Aale de Winkel
Trionian

Postby RQ » Wed May 12, 2004 7:32 am

I agree with the text BClaw posted. I don't think jumping to tetraspace would get u anywhere if the space is or nearly is flat in that region, since the distance would be the same. Same for testing with inanimate objects. However how would we be able to interpret the data the ship collects from tetraspace?
RQ
Tetronian

Return to Where Should I Post This?