Zero-Gravity and Fluid

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

Zero-Gravity and Fluid

Postby DefyGravity » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:47 am

I didn't quite understand what the fourth dimension was until it showed the lake and river in a 4D Environment. After reading about 2D, 3D, and 4D how each person could mess with someone's head in a real fascinating manner I went outside for a smoke and tried to better understand the exact concept of this theoretical dimension.

Visual Outlook to a Second Dimensional Being would be a non-stop on going line which will never end. The view of a two dimensional being would be in a one dimensional outlook. They would see lines spanning from the ground to what ever the top would be. Looking at the side view of a 2D Being which cannot even see itself from that side is like getting an MRI of your whole brain and seeing each part of the 3D object in a 2D way. There is a flaw with the 2D portrayal in which the writing of Tetraspace used because we see them in a light which they do not.

The third dimensional eye can actually see in all three dimensions unlike a two dimensional eye which can only see in one which makes you wonder about how the dimensions even work. You would think that since we can see in 3D that 2D can likewise see in 2 but imagine yourself looking forward in the 2D Beings eyes. I think I am babbling.. I just wanted to prove that bit wrong heh sorry.

Now after I thought about it I was figuring out all the dimensions and in a 2D world the person can move forward and backward and can see up and down. Now in the 3D world we can move forward, backward, left, and right and see up and down. When we get in an airplane or helicopter we are actually able to travel in the third direction but only if we have something to help us.

So my quick evaluation would be that in a 4th Dimension the only other possible way to travel is up and down with ease along with the other directions. Which caused me to think that maybe the forth dimension already exists but maybe certain things prevent it from actually happening. Now to think about a 3D picture hanging on a 4D Wall I get the interpretation of tubular walls and it being able to pivot on three axis's without actually leaving the wall. Which means nothing in a 4th dimension would be a solid object because you would have to be able to move about it with ease. In order for us to concept the idea of a 4D object is to add up a bunch of squares and we still don't get a really good idea. Now even though we can see in a 3D way every bit of our landscape and vision appears in only two dimensions. While we have the 3rd we can pivot on we still see lakes flat and mountains as a height and width in the distance. In order to get the true 3D look you would have to be able to see every side of it all at once. Now this got me thinking about what exactly the 4th dimension might be and how would you easily be able to see it or describe it.

Let's say there is a natural law which inhibits the 4th dimension all together and I will call that gravity. Imagine a body of water floating about in space all by itself. It would have a 3D look and you could not only float around the body but could also go through it which means you now use all three dimensions to get around that body of water. (I just hit a blank as what I was trying to depict isn't actually true but I can still sum up the story where I was originally headed.) OK but back to my main point in order for 4D to occur you would have to be able to travel through 3D freely which basically means there is no actual shapes because all shapes are made up of tubes to allow the travel of the forth dimension. In order to access all three dimensions you would have to have no gravity and no inanimate objects. The only things that could actually exist in this forth dimension in "My Theoretical Forth Dimension" would be space and liquids. Trying to even imagine a 4D Being is nearly impossible because of that forth dimension which would stretch and span the body unlike from 2D to 3D.

I believe the only reason why we exist in the third dimension is because unlike going from the 2D world to the 3D world you don't just add in another small factor but to put in a fourth dimension would render everything we have into something completely different. When you see a 2D House on a piece of paper you can still imagine it in 3D as a whole. But in 4D the house wouldn't remotely look like a house at all it would look like a bunch of tubing which you could walk completely around each wall, object, and anything else.

I'm half asleep and kinda sick so I don't know how much of this came out to make sense but I think that space without gravity is the forth dimension because you have the ability to move in all three ways. Since there is no boundaries which occur in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd dimensions it is the only way for another dimension to exist. So yeah my theory of the 4th dimension is that is already exists in space and fluid. The only two things you can use all three dimensions and never run into anything that makes you dimensional. I get this theory from the concept of a 3D Picture hanging on a 4D wall moving the picture around on three dimensions and it still touching the wall. You move the picture around in space and it still pivots on any given section of that wall. If you pull it out towards you then you lift it off the wall. The best way to imagine this is if you have all three axis's using tubes. The tubes represent the wall all together each tube being part of that single wall. You can rotate the picture north and south on the length axis, left and right on the width axis, and flip-flop it on the height axis of the 3D Picture. If you pull it out of the tube where all the axis's meet then you are pulling it on the 4th dimension away from the wall. It's the only way I can even remotely imagine the 4th dimension.

Maybe the 4th dimension is only traveling in two simultaneous dimensions at once. Which when you fly, or swim you can do. Try walking and traveling in two dimensions at once XD.. Isn't possible and remember running up a hill you are still on a single axis on a plane.. to truly experience 4D travel you have to go swimming or visit space. Also the only thing which you could walk through in a 3D Universe is liquid or space you cannot in any realm walk through solid objects. I've pretty much just blew apart a general theory for 4th dimensions in solid objects but then again revived that maybe the forth dimension already exists even to us three dimensional beings.

So yeah now you can tear my theory apart with more elaborate words but at least it's more creative in some ways that some other ideas which have been posted. Now remember the key to the whole thing in 2D you can move forward and backwards with ease, in 3D you can move forward and backward, left and right with ease. In a 4D world you should in theory be able to travel in 3 Dimensions with ease and one with help. Now let us say up and down is the third one with ease and the 4th dimension which is moving between planes (realms of existence) is the one that you have the trouble with. Imagining a 3D person in a 4D world is so much easier and imagining a 4D being. I suppose in theory gravity could still exist in 4D but not at all like what we are use to. Remember the tubing which you used to picture the 3D image moving on... now picture that tubing being a world.. you can travel on three dimensions and still be stuck to the world but the world would be nothing like we know it to be. (Well Duh!) Alright I am out, hope this had made sense, if not just ask questions and I will elaborate more proficiently when I awake tomorrow.

EDIT: Anything relative through moving about things in a 3D Universe like Fluids and Space also include gases. I just think people are trying to make solid objects into a 4D object but in all actuality the object would be hallow in the core and only really be a bunch of tubing bound in four dimensions. With the ability to travel through on each axis would prevent any solid forms such as a square or cube. Just imagine a big 4D cube made of tubing and you walking along all three axis's with ease you still cannot in theory go UP or DOWN due to gravity but you still walk UP and DOWN in one way or another. That is only if you think of any solid objects being 4D. I think that 4D Objects would just be difficult to find together in a 4D Universe cause of the ability to move about all three of our dimensions, but I guess only the 4D Universe knows.
DefyGravity
Nullonian

Re: Zero-Gravity and Fluid

Postby Rkyeun » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:36 pm

>> The third dimensional eye can actually see in all three dimensions unlike a two dimensional eye which can only see in one
No, the retina of a three-dimensional eye is a plane segment. The eye sees in two-dimensions. You have two eyes that face forwards and in the area where they overlap you have depth perception because your brain guesses where an object would have to be to make the different images from your eyes agree. It's not really 3D vision. A 4D eye can see the contents of your safety deposit box from outside your bank as easily as you can see the word "Submit" inside its clickable button.
Rkyeun
Dionian

Return to Where Should I Post This?