Sweevel Project

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

Sweevel Project

Postby RQ » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:23 am

I read somewhere something about a Sweevel Project where they made a particle travel faster than the speed of light and it expanded so much that it had to go to another dimension...?
RQ
Tetronian

Postby alkaline » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:50 pm

I never heard of any experiments of this type.
alkaline
Founder

Postby LoD » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:25 pm

If you find out any more about that, I would love to see it.
LoD
Mononian

Postby 4dlayman » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:02 am

Sounds fishy to me :roll: ....how can you make a particle travel faster than light :shock: and even if it did go to another dimension we'd never know it....it would just have "disappeared" as far as we're concerned....gone to another universe, another dimension, gone to heaven for all we know :!:
Show me more.....
4dlayman
Mononian

Postby RQ » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:35 am

Yes, that is exactly what I said. If it has no mass it can, but I also thought it was a bogus article too.
A light ray would travel faster than the standard speed of light (light in a vacuum) since it would have forces acting upon it, gravity, which is leading it faster to the earth. Although it has no mass, light is still affected by gravity because of the curvature of space-time, and objects with mass wouldn't be able to travel at or above the speed of light.
RQ
Tetronian

Return to Where Should I Post This?