practical question?

If you don't know where to post something, put it here and an administrator or moderator will move it to the right place.

practical question?

Postby mwolff » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:00 am

How can we prove the existance or not of another space dimension, is there any theory or experiment in progress?
mwolff
Nullonian

Postby 4dlayman » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:03 am

Not sure if we can prove 1 way or another. Some of the posts here suggested that other dimensions might be in other universes....if so we'll never know because we are stuck in this universe :(
Lots of theories abound.....check out the rest of this forum. Experiments? Don't know how. Any suggestions? :?: :idea:
Show me more.....
4dlayman
Mononian

Postby RQ » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:36 am

Although in our thought experiments we have generally accepted a 2D being inhabitted universe. Whether or not this is true, we cannot know, but it is for sure that a 2D infinitesimal plane does exist and an even more infinitesimal line and dot do exist as an incorporation of our 3D universe. Other universes may be alternate realities in either other times or higher dimensions (all adding up to one, the highest, and all other subdimensional worlds as being incorporations of it;2D worlds parallel to our dimensional universe just like a skew line). Other, aka alternate realities are just other spacetimes.

Although we might think of an alternate reality as an analogous universe with the same spacetime as our own, it would actually have to be something of a freezeframe, absolute zero, each with its own continuation, and different time/timespeed, or perhaps even space (higher or lower dimensions). Although they would be unobservable, they can still exist relative to themselves, just like the existent/nonexistent 2D people of our universe. Anyway, I suppose that alternate realities would prove random chaos in our quantum universe, or free will, but they are theoretically possible.

Imagine a particle at rest (absolute zero for all particles too). Is it really there. It would have to be by definition of given. Yet, since there are no forces to observe this particle, whether it is there or not it does not affect any closed or open systems at that particular time. I suppose, that would make it irrelevant whether it was there or not, or if it is existing or not. This maybe what an alternate reality would be like, but all it could be is just a proof that there is no such thing as zero time, since particles cannot reach absolute zero. (I think the Big Crunch has something to do with this along with the second law of thermodynamics, with the usable and unusable energy left).
RQ
Tetronian

Return to Where Should I Post This?