What To Call This Rotation

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

What To Call This Rotation

Postby PatrickPowers » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:09 am

I realized that the names we have here on Earth for rotations are inconsistent. For a person or an airplane, tumbling is rotation in the forward-up plane while rolling is in the up-left plane. For a tire, it's the opposite. Huh. At least spinning is always in the horizontal forward-right plane.

No matter. The question is, what to call rotation in the ana-right plane? I'm looking for something poetic but my poetometer is not doing much right now. I kind of like spindling but that's already an English word.

By the way, I found out that cobain is an Indonesian word. It means to try something out. It is however pronounced choba-een. Hey, that could be the word I'm looking for. No one would ever forget something so silly.
PatrickPowers
Tetronian

Re: What To Call This Rotation

Postby quickfur » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:41 pm

No idea wha to call it, but maybe this might give you an inspiration: the ana-right plane rotation is the same rotation in which a person, staring straight at you, can rotate his face such that his head remains vertical and he continues staring straight at you. It's literally a new dimension of rolling one's head, or perhaps rolling one's eyes, at you. :D

As to just what such a gesture could signify, the possibilities that come to mind are: humor, jollity, or perhaps irony or disdain (depending on the expression of the eyes); maybe impatience (analogous to fidgeting or repeatedly staring at your watch).

Hmm, jollity. Maybe jolling? :lol:
quickfur
Pentonian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions